View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 12 of 175 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
    There has to be some order to these threads, and thus order to the forums. There were many complaints about previous threads from concerned PreCentral.net users. Too many violations to spend time correcting each one, so all of the thread material was deleted. Thus far, it has been a ton better.

On a lighter note...

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    All that coming from a Red Sox fan qualifies as a slap in the face.
    Powerbyte has Red Sux not Red Socks. Powerbyte is a Yankee fan as I recall.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpa View Post
    well the whole 19 page thread we all contributed to last night appears to have been deleted. If this one isn't to the mods liking will this go too? That would have been a good and funny timeline to keep to show how much we wanted the update- so, half of us stay on due to what a mod said and then we get penalised for posting. I am an admin of the largest iPhone forum on the net and I would not have done that on a thread that long. Couldn't you at least have archived it?
    It's in there, somewhere...don't give up, we can still have more fun, lol. Some folks comments did admittedly get a bit out of hand (crude) at a few members' expense. Rules are rules. The law is the law. And well to say we were a bit off topic was an understatement, rofl. Remember:

"People who are moral don't need laws, those who are immoral wouldn't follow them anyway."
    -E.P. Crow, on the uselessness of laws
    Yesterday's got to 23 pages!

Ok, I took your advice. However note that as it's not really off topic it doesn't fit into the off topic area, but whatever:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...11#post2226211
    Last edited by copasetic; 02/16/2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Addendum :)
    But as we are referencing 1.4 we can't exactly say it's 100% off topic, so it doesn't fit either, lol
    Instead of 1.4 we get some b.s. Avatar game......
    yes air I am a Yankees Fan. As for the penalizing...Ryleeinstl speaks of, I cannot talk of that at this time, but rest assured it was dealt with.

I was talking about a specific thread that had a ton of views and GREAT responses that had many of us having a grand time....and it was not really off topic IMHO....but que cera cera or however you spell it.

Cheers

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    On a lighter note...

Powerbyte has Red Sux not Red Socks. Powerbyte is a Yankee fan as I recall.
    I don't follow baseball, but I find it surprising that there's a team called "Red Sux", and they have followers. Do the cheerleaders get razzed big time when they do Red Sux cheers?
    Que Sera, Sera.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I have installed patches with quick install, I will remove them before update, will quick install work after the update, or those patches updated like they are for preware? Maybe I should just use preware for now on.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    well lets all hope that it comes out today!!! I really hope that there is a significant battery and speed improvement in 1.4...

also looking forward to the new video capture/editing app, cant wait to play with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by walamoonbeam View Post
    Nice metaphor. Though, I'm not sure if that's right...
    At least for snapdragon it's not. Snapdragon is running on a pretty new architecture. Admittedly we do have power as a whole, but the processor alone, I wish was replaced with a snapdragon. I love my pre still, so please don't out me as a traitor, but I just have to say that IMHO snapdragon was the better choice.
    Yet some of the reviews I have read put the CortexA8 (or whatever it's called) above the Snapdragon for performance..? See I have no idea how they measure such things, if it's just based on existing software out for the iphone and pre versus Android then that's not a fair comparison.
    Hi,

Do we actually have a date as to when WebOs 1.4 will be available as it is nearly 17th Feb in UK and still no update. This is as bad, possibly worse than when OS3.0 Came out for the Iphone last year. At least on Apples Website it gave a date for the update, not a thing on Palms !!! I, like many others have been repeatidly pressing The Updates buton every hour or so but to of no avail. Somebody must have contacts within the Palm Dev Team who could "unofficially" say shhhhh it is going to be available for OTA download on xx Feb. Any info would be appreciated !
    Still says up to date.

Oh well. I guess its building Anticipation just like this thread suggests.

Honestly I just hope its a quality product rather than on time. If I need a 1.4.2 to fix the thing because it was pushed out too quickly I'd be more upset than waiting a little while.
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltilem View Post
    Still says up to date.

Oh well. I guess its building Anticipation just like this thread suggests.

Honestly I just hope its a quality product rather than on time. If I need a 1.4.2 to fix the thing because it was pushed out too quickly I'd be more upset than waiting a little while.
    I totally Agree with this.
    Nah, I want video recording. This update isnt THAT amazing, I dont know why Palm has waited an entire year for this.
    Is anyone here running the sprint firmware (proper one not swapped tar files) on gsm? i have the tar version and wonder if I will get updates when US does if theirs comes out first.
    Absolutely mental Depeche Mode fan since 1988, iPhone themer, app UI design, PM me for anything graphics-wise.
    i am running the proper sprint fw on my uk gsm pre, and all updates until now have been available the same time as other sprint users!
    Patience is always the right answer when it comes to things like updates. I'm sure that if they wanted to push out the update right now they could but then forums would be exploding about how the video editing just cant cut it when compared to the Iphone (or whatever phone people are bouncing things off of these days. Im looking at you Nexus One)

TLDR: Patience is the answer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoejoe View Post
    Nah, I want video recording. This update isnt THAT amazing, I dont know why Palm has waited an entire year for this.
    What has Palm waited an entire year for? And do you mean, since CES last year when the Pre and webOS were first announced? Or are you projecting to June of this year, which will be a year from when the Pre was launched?

Color me confused...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I guess I can sit here and spout the same "no phone has everything when it comes out, including the iPhone" speech that other users have used, but that would just be redundant. I'm slightly happy 1.4 didn't come out yesterday. I would rather have the release be a total surprise, then there would be not let-down, no stress, and no b*tching in the forums. Now that the projected date has passed, I feel more relaxed about the release; it will come when it comes.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)