View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 119 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3481
  1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    My update has not come across my phone yet. (Sprint) Can I force it to update? If so how?
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Ok here's an update to all this fun. I just found a new 1.6 feature the led/flash is now a laser beam....i walked up/down my street and melted all my neighbors driveways in less than 30 min.....i am the new block hero. thank you Palm.

Oh the fun this snowy day will bring.
    My 1.6.7.1 update can do all that + everything that pomegranate phone offers

p.s. since i cant post links in my messages, thanks to the under 10 posts rule, jut fill in the www and com before and after this word:

pomegranatephone
    ...practiced making babies...

Priceless....just priceless...
    Talk about Hype...I just found out about the 1.4 thing yesterday or the day before, so I cleaned off patches last night to be sure I was good to go for the update...and now I'm all anxious to get it! Ignorance truly is bliss...sometimes...I think I'm going to reload my patches to the way I had it before and trust that everything will be ok...then tomorrow morning, I can have 1.4...
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    My update has not come across my phone yet. (Sprint) Can I force it to update? If so how?
    The US release for Sprint is supposedly 7:00 PM PST. Once it's available, you can run "Update" from the Launcher to download and install it.

However, I would just assume midnight and you'll be happy if it's sooner.
    Last edited by ErrantAI; 02/26/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantAI View Post
    The US release for Sprint is supposedly 7:00 PM PST. Once it's available, you can run "Update" from the Launcher to download and install it.
    is this another official sprint release? lol

this thread is a great place to rack up my 10 posts so i can finally see pictures in people's profiles - because thats such a VIP privelage - cant wait.
    oh wow....i'm in cali @ 9:05am and i'm currently downloading the new update!!

WOOT...

it's a crazy number though....1.4.1D.10.T
    Quote Originally Posted by easd0423 View Post
    ...practiced making babies...

Priceless....just priceless...
    Hey, it was the only way i could say it without abbriviating any words or having this wonderful forum put ...... instead of my words.

Who knows how many underage kids we got here.
    no not here cuz I just got my new one last night? Turned it on this morning setup my pre and thought the update was here and phone update said hi welcome to 1.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post

WOOT...

mine was 192.168.1.8

wait that was my IP number.. SOB
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    1.4.1D.10.T
    Classic
    ok call me stupid but what are patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by hboyer90 View Post
    ok call me stupid but what are patches?
    Stupid sorry i had to

Patches can be downloaded from Preware, they enable/disable certain phone features that didn't originally come with WebOs

WOOT...

Hilarious!
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cibersay View Post
    Stupid sorry i had to

Patches can be downloaded from Preware, they enable/disable certain phone features that didn't originally come with WebOs
    haha it's ok, I deserved it. So if I've never messed with them before then when the 1.4 comes out I won't need to "remove them" or anything like you guys keep talking about?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm a Verizon user and I clicked Verizon lol.
    Where did this 7:00 PST come from? Did someone just make it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by duhcity View Post
    I'm a Verizon user and I clicked Verizon lol.
    Where did this 7:00 PST come from? Did someone just make it up?
    I clicked verizon also

Sprint yesterday said this evening so some guessed 7
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    there are somedays i hate being a tech geek....these past 2 weeks have been all of those days...why can't we just have leak after leak of the new OS like they do at crackberry.com...i remember having a Curve and updating that thing like every other week or so....we need some high risk WebOS roms to keep us busy like they do with android....wouldn't that be a blast....brick ratios climbing and people running the doctor every week or so....fun times!!!
    can you ota preware app?
    How absolutely s**tty is it that Sprint users have to wait until 7 PM PST supposedly to get this update while everyone else in the world gets it first? Even Verizon getting it first irks me at Palm and probably ensures that I will eventually move to an Android phone. Way to go Palm. Sprint should have been able to release this when they had a working version for their network and not have to wait for anyone else to test and whatnot.