View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

    118 12.30%
  • Verizon

    579 60.38%
  • Palm

    262 27.32%
Page 111 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3481
  1. #2201  
    Details:
    The customer's device will recognize that it needs the latest SW and will ask the customer to allow the installation and download. The customer can also initiate the update from the Updates application.
    Fixes, Feature Updates and Enhancements with Palm webOS 1.4
    Fixes:
    ● Time Zone bug fixed.
    ● Network time sync bug fixed to reflect accurate Network time.
    ● BT car-kit transition to device corrected.
    ● No EV icon bug fixed (random)
    ● Random browser formatting bugs fixed.
    ● Fixed bug that incorrectly displayed Sprint when actually was Digital Roaming.
    Enhancements:
    Phonebook Transfer
    o Added ability to export from the Palm Pixi address book /contacts to any other device (Previously Palm supported only the import of address book transfer from a device to a Pixi)
    Supports Video Capture capability
    o Video editing (trim)
    o Upload of videos to YouTube / Facebook /
    o Send videos via MMS or email
    Performance enhancements within Phone and Calendar applications
    Calendar enhancements
    o Dial phone numbers from within a meeting event
    o Allow custom alert sounds for calendar event reminders
    o Added a.m. and p.m. detail within calendar events
    Email enhancements
    o Allow custom alerts sounds/tones for email alerts
    o Embedded phone numbers or email addresses (embedded in email) can be easily added to Contacts application
    o New email sort options (date, sender, subject)
    o Return to inbox view after sending email
    Messaging enhancements
    o Ability to forward SMS to email
    o Ability to dial phone number from SMS chat session (no need to open contact any longer)
    Press & hold on a phone number to get more options (call, SMS)
    Universal Search now includes EAS (Outlook Exchange) GAL corporate address look up
    Application Launcher easier user interface providing user more feedback during an application launch
    Notifications adding Blink options
    o Palm Pixi Light-bar in gesture area blinks when notifications are pending
    Manual Update Process:
    1. Open Launcher
    2. Scroll to Card 3
    3. Tap Updates
  2. #2202  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    I was just checking Engadget just to see what was up in the electronic wold and guess what i find

    Maybe most of you have already seen it, but for those who havent Here You Go!
    Sprint confirms Pre and Pixi webOS 1.4 update coming tomorrow -- Engadget
    just a few hours too late...it was all yanked and so was my leg...it's not happening...the update will be released on the 29th.....of 2012
  3. #2203  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    Details:
    The customer's device will recognize that it needs the latest SW and will ask the customer to allow the installation and download. The customer can also initiate the update from the Updates application.
    Fixes, Feature Updates and Enhancements with Palm webOS 1.4
    Fixes:
    ● Time Zone bug fixed.
    ● Network time sync bug fixed to reflect accurate Network time.
    ● BT car-kit transition to device corrected.
    ● No EV icon bug fixed (random)
    ● Random browser formatting bugs fixed.
    ● Fixed bug that incorrectly displayed Sprint when actually was Digital Roaming.
    Enhancements:
    Phonebook Transfer
    o Added ability to export from the Palm Pixi address book /contacts to any other device (Previously Palm supported only the import of address book transfer from a device to a Pixi)
    Supports Video Capture capability
    o Video editing (trim)
    o Upload of videos to YouTube / Facebook /
    o Send videos via MMS or email
    Performance enhancements within Phone and Calendar applications
    Calendar enhancements
    o Dial phone numbers from within a meeting event
    o Allow custom alert sounds for calendar event reminders
    o Added a.m. and p.m. detail within calendar events
    Email enhancements
    o Allow custom alerts sounds/tones for email alerts
    o Embedded phone numbers or email addresses (embedded in email) can be easily added to Contacts application
    o New email sort options (date, sender, subject)
    o Return to inbox view after sending email
    Messaging enhancements
    o Ability to forward SMS to email
    o Ability to dial phone number from SMS chat session (no need to open contact any longer)
    Press & hold on a phone number to get more options (call, SMS)
    Universal Search now includes EAS (Outlook Exchange) GAL corporate address look up
    Application Launcher easier user interface providing user more feedback during an application launch
    Notifications adding Blink options
    o Palm Pixi Light-bar in gesture area blinks when notifications are pending
    Manual Update Process:
    1. Open Launcher
    2. Scroll to Card 3
    3. Tap Updates
    Source?

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  4. #2204  
    quick thought? Why is this thread in the Pre forum? Doesn't it belong in the general webOS forum? Maybe so many needless threads wouldn't be created if a general webOS stickied thread wasn't sitting in a product specific sub forum. Just a thought.
  5. surferpr's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #2205  
    Hey Palm. Duke Nukem called. He wants his dev team back.
    HTC 6700 > HTC6800 > Treo Pro > HTC Diamond > Palm Pre
  6. #2206  
    Should I start a 1.5 Anticipation Threat?
  7. leez's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #2207  
    Quote Originally Posted by surferpr View Post
    Hey Palm. Duke Nukem called. He wants his dev team back.
    Hey Surferpr, thanks for the useless post! I'm pretty sure you can't call 1.4 vaporware until Mar 1, and even then, so what?

    Seriously, I'm really tired of people being ****ed that Palm "missed" some sort of deadline. Palm said February. Look at your damn calendar, take two tylenol, check back tomorrow.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
  8. #2208  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    Should I start a 1.5 Anticipation Threat?
    i say 1.5 will be out 3.5 weeks after the first leaked date
  9. #2209  
    Hey here is a new update from sprints website



    lol was bored...
  10. #2210  
    I too like everyone else can't wait for the update but the thing that makes me laugh the most is it's ALWAYS Like this before an update and once it comes out all the same people will be flooding a thread complaining what they dony like about 1.4,lol.
  11. del420's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #2211  
    I just asked my manic 8 ball and it said march 17
  12. surferpr's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #2212  
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Hey Surferpr, thanks for the useless post! I'm pretty sure you can't call 1.4 vaporware until Mar 1, and even then, so what?

    Seriously, I'm really tired of people being ****ed that Palm "missed" some sort of deadline. Palm said February. Look at your damn calendar, take two tylenol, check back tomorrow.
    Hey leez Mike tyson called he wants his temper back. Also surferpr David Spade called he wants his lame jokes back.

    Nah seriously im joking and messing with people here. Q.E.D. leez. So... ya know dude seriously chill.
    HTC 6700 > HTC6800 > Treo Pro > HTC Diamond > Palm Pre
  13. #2213  
    Wow, this thread died fast...

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  14. surferpr's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #2214  
    Its because its too damn hard to type, cry and hit the update button at the same time.
    HTC 6700 > HTC6800 > Treo Pro > HTC Diamond > Palm Pre
  15. #2215  
    I just want video for the weekend
    --Marvin
  16. jared1333's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #2216  
    I hope flash games work well when it finally comes out...
  17. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #2217  
    Quote Originally Posted by surferpr View Post
    Its because its too damn hard to type, cry and hit the update button at the same time.
    LOL
  18. #2218  
    Tomorrow evening guys, 24 hours from now, and Pre owners will be basking in the glow of Flash while us Pixi owners just start uploading videos of us celebrating. I've got a three day weekend anyways, plenty of time to check out the video app.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  19. #2219  
    The fact that those rumors came out early in the day about it being tomorrow, really killed everyone's dream for today.
  20. #2220  
    Bad news guys! UPDATE IS COMING TOMORROW!! WOOOOOO!!

    -Toaster

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions