The customer's device will recognize that it needs the latest SW and will ask the customer to allow the installation and download. The customer can also initiate the update from the Updates application.
Fixes, Feature Updates and Enhancements with Palm webOS 1.4
● Time Zone bug fixed.
● Network time sync bug fixed to reflect accurate Network time.
● BT car-kit transition to device corrected.
● No EV icon bug fixed (random)
● Random browser formatting bugs fixed.
● Fixed bug that incorrectly displayed Sprint when actually was Digital Roaming.
• Phonebook Transfer
o Added ability to export from the Palm Pixi address book /contacts to any other device (Previously Palm supported only the import of address book transfer from a device to a Pixi)
• Supports Video Capture capability
o Video editing (trim)
o Upload of videos to YouTube / Facebook /
o Send videos via MMS or email
• Performance enhancements within Phone and Calendar applications
• Calendar enhancements
o Dial phone numbers from within a meeting event
o Allow custom alert sounds for calendar event reminders
o Added a.m. and p.m. detail within calendar events
• Email enhancements
o Allow custom alerts sounds/tones for email alerts
o Embedded phone numbers or email addresses (embedded in email) can be easily added to Contacts application
o New email sort options (date, sender, subject)
o Return to inbox view after sending email
• Messaging enhancements
o Ability to forward SMS to email
o Ability to dial phone number from SMS chat session (no need to open contact any longer)
• Press & hold on a phone number to get more options (call, SMS)
• Universal Search now includes EAS (Outlook Exchange) GAL corporate address look up
• Application Launcher – easier user interface providing user more feedback during an application launch
• Notifications adding Blink options
o Palm Pixi – Light-bar in gesture area blinks when notifications are pending
Manual Update Process:
1. Open Launcher
2. Scroll to Card 3
3. Tap Updates