View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 103 of 175 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    That has not historically been true at all. iPhone didn't have cut and paste or video for 2 years. Android hasn't had Exchange integration of any kind till recent versions. Most Android just recently got pinch to zoom.
    I'm tired of seeing this over and over again.

"X didn't have Y-Feature at launch either."

Just because they didn't have it at launch, or for two years after launch, doesn't mean it's OK that the Pre doesn't have it yet. The Pre needs it to compete.

You know what, the house I live in was built in 1959. It didn't have air conditioning. It didn't gain that feature until 20 years later. That does not mean that someone will be happy to buy a brand new house on my street without air conditioning, and wait 20 years for it. And it is the exact same thing. It's just a feature that can be added, or taken away, and some still do without it today, just like with the phones.

But the features people are complaining about not having are ubiquitous among cell phones. Even if they didn't have them at launch, they all have them now. If the Pre had to compete with the iPhone of the past, then we'd be all set. But if Palm wants to stay afloat, they have to compete with what's out there now.
    working in syracuse
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    failed 3rice...something is going on..
    im not failing at all...you're just in a bad 3G area...it's ok though, Palm still hates you and has decided that you will be the last to get the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    failed 3rice...something is going on..
    11:32am PST Phone is up to date, must be poor coverage. Or everyone else is hitting up their update app.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    That has not historically been true at all. iPhone didn't have cut and paste or video for 2 years. Android hasn't had Exchange integration of any kind till recent versions. Most Android just recently got pinch to zoom.

While Palm is behind on a few features, they are providing them MUCH faster than Android or iPhone.

And iPhone doesn't have multitasking and Android has a cluttered, inconsistent interface for multitasking.

Yet if you have a Hero or a G1 you are still using 1.5 or 1.6 when 2.1 is the new version. Even Droid users are out of date and wondering when they will get an update.

We are much better off with Palm from an update standpoint.
    Agreed, after 1.4, all I need is microphone access in the IPK and I'll be a happy camper. Everything else Palm rolls my way will be icing on the cake. And I don't expect Palm to make us pay $5 when webOS 2.0 rolls around.
  6. Evansgw
    Pandora updated, and now I have an app with no icon updating. I tool a screenshot but can't post it. Using the mobile version of the site.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    well it's about lunch time in cali so maybe it will be the last thing they do before they all goto applebes for lunch or it mite be the last thing they do before leaving for the weekend
    lol no 1.4webos
    11:42am Thursday (PST) - Time in California
    hahahahaha You Said Man Boobs....
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    well it's about lunch time in cali so maybe it will be the last thing they do before they all goto applebes for lunch or it mite be the last thing they do before leaving for the weekend
    It will be out 4:20 Pacific Standard time. Sparky time
    This thread is getting more hilarious by the minute. Honestly, those of you who claim that you're ditching the phone because an update didn't come really need to get a grip. You shouldn't have bought a phone because of "future" features. If you weren't happy with the phone as it was released, you should've never bought it. And as so many have said already, no one promised an exact date so just chill. Updates will come when they do.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    there's a blizzard goin on in nyc that's what's holding it up and an earthquake in cali and a tornado in iowa and a tropical storm in florida wait a minute we are getting an update the world is coming to an end so it must be true
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    if it's out at 4:20 I'll twist it
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    That means it should beout already on the east coast.. NOT....

you suck
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    This thread is getting more hilarious by the minute. Honestly, those of you who claim that you're ditching the phone because an update didn't come really need to get a grip. You shouldn't have bought a phone because of "future" features. If you weren't happy with the phone as it was released, you should've never bought it. And as so many have said already, no one promised an exact date so just chill. Updates will come when they do.
    Also not to mention you had 30 days to change your mind. (On Sprint)

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by g0d4lm1ty View Post
    That means it should beout already on the east coast.. NOT....

you suck

wait..........what?
    Quote Originally Posted by jverity View Post
    I'm tired of seeing this over and over again.

"X didn't have Y-Feature at launch either."

Just because they didn't have it at launch, or for two years after launch, doesn't mean it's OK that the Pre doesn't have it yet. The Pre needs it to compete.

You know what, the house I live in was built in 1959. Blah, blah blah...

But the features people are complaining about not having are ubiquitous among cell phones. Even if they didn't have them at launch, they all have them now. If the Pre had to compete with the iPhone of the past, then we'd be all set. But if Palm wants to stay afloat, they have to compete with what's out there now.
    Uh, that wasn't my argument. In fact, I have made exactly your argument in prior threads on several occasions. But that is a question of how competitive the Pre is v. Android or iPhone or others.

The question was "who gets updates and new features more often and more regularly?" That is clearly Palm And by the way, you don't have to buy a new phone to get them.

I'm just saying that I like getting regular improvements and it is not nearly as good an experience on other platforms.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    They can't have everyone worldwide update at once. The servers can't handle it.

Palm is watching the forums and using a top secret technology, is able to tell which posts below to which Pre/Pixi device IDs (a serial number, basically).

Those that say negative things about Palm won't be able to update until everyone else is done.

Those of us (like me) who have been saying nice things about Palm have been granted the ability to update earlier. My Pre is currently in the final stages of update, right now.

Those of you that show anger are going to be locked out, most likely until the weekend.

Now... does that make you feel better?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    ok... 104 pages... oo

i won't read all of it but i am sure a lot of sprint or verizon bashing is going on in here too

Anyone remember "Achmed the dead terrorist"?

One sentence in there was (if i remember correctly):

"Thats ok i took that verizon ******* with me"

Don't know the big differences between sprint, verizon, att or telecom or whatsoever...

In germany we got 4 big mobile companys... Telekon, Vodafone, E-Plus and o2... both of the last ones are the smaller ones... but i am very happy with o2, they're doing a good job... and if Palm is working on a global release... maybe they hold the update up
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    if it's out at 4:20 I'll twist it

If it comes out before 4 my time at 4:20 I will upload the video of the twisting!!! hahahaha