View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 102 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92979899100101102103104105106107 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3481
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    darn it my phone is not up to date I do not have 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    saying that they do have a beta testers...around the country
    I am sure that they do, early access developers, etc. But I am sure that they are contractually bound.

I believe the point that grate88 was making was a "public" secret beta.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steel72191919 View Post
    i took my battery out of my phone and turned it back on and 1.4 started installing. helllllll yeaaaaa!!!! finally
    I call bull *****
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    I call bull *****

ditto
    Just hit the update button and, after trying to connect for a short while, it said "I hate you." on the screen. Anyone else getting that?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Still not sure what the big hubbub is about this thing. I don't think this release is going to be all that ground-breaking, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Just hit the update button and, after trying to connect for a short while, it said "I hate you." on the screen. Anyone else getting that?
    Mine said get back to work we will notify you when it is available for download.
    I just got the finger.....anybody else getting that
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    And it happens ..
    As more broad and complicated distribution of WebOS gets, updates get as complicated and hard to push.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    While that is true, at least all 3 of those already have 99% of the features that the pre is already missing from start so palm needs more updated then all 3 of those.
    That has not historically been true at all. iPhone didn't have cut and paste or video for 2 years. Android hasn't had Exchange integration of any kind till recent versions. Most Android just recently got pinch to zoom.

While Palm is behind on a few features, they are providing them MUCH faster than Android or iPhone.

And iPhone doesn't have multitasking and Android has a cluttered, inconsistent interface for multitasking.

Yet if you have a Hero or a G1 you are still using 1.5 or 1.6 when 2.1 is the new version. Even Droid users are out of date and wondering when they will get an update.

We are much better off with Palm from an update standpoint.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    +1 when I get a reply
    +1 lol ...

2:20 NY Eastern Time - Phone up to date -
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

People, people, people
    This thread will close when it is out.
    Until then CALM DOWN.
    Thank you.
    some thing is up on my side..its checking and checking and checking it failed once....trying again...cmon 1.4
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    Still not sure what the big hubbub is about this thing. I don't think this release is going to be all that ground-breaking, really.
    UH? With the added video feature I can finally update my craigslist listing and maybe finally offload my pre Well maybe I'll hold onto it until the supersonic is released.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    some thing is up on my side..its checking and checking and checking it failed once....trying again...cmon 1.4
    that's just because everybody and there brother is hitting the update button
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    what the problem is, is all these RUMORS roaming around and getting peoples hopes up...jus tell us that their is an update on the way and not on a specific day because OBVIOUSLY it never works out that way
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Palm did. The rumors were just that; unconfirmed rumors.

Palm FTMFW!
    failed twice..either the servers are down becoz they are putting the new update OR its hosed from traffic
    failed 3rice...something is going on..
    Nah...my phone is up to date..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.