View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 51 9196979899100101102103104105106 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    what the problem is, is all these RUMORS roaming around and getting peoples hopes up...jus tell us that their is an update on the way and not on a specific day because OBVIOUSLY it never works out that way
    Palm never said "a specific day". That was speculation by users.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndraiden View Post
    like you can visually see people and their tears on here
    You can if they use this emote:
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    The last thing I want Palm to do is start rushing updates and wind up like Sony. They have a horrible track record of having to update the updates of updates because they don't do through enough testing. I've got a bricked 80gb Fat PS3 because of their 3.01 update that disabled all my Blu-ray playback, although CD's, DVD's and PS2 games still play fine. Oh, and they want $150 to fix their mistake. I can go without a PS3 until it gets fixed. My cell phone, not so much. Getting it right is much more important than getting it fast.

That being said I really want 1.4 to hit today The 15th was a really frustrating day, lol.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yep, I see that working. You bet. With the maturity level, and the fierce independence of thought and abilities of the average user on here, and the wonderful tendency to take responsibility for their own actions and expectations, I really see them giving that privilege and responsibility to folks here.

Uhhuh...
    Worked great on the Directv forum. And how is it different than preware and patches and all the other tweaking that people do?

Sorry you feel so negatively about your other forum members.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Palm never said "a specific day". That was speculation by users.
    yes i know thats why these users cant be posting stuff like that...because a month feels like a year and days feel like weeks....

its not cool
    Quote Originally Posted by grate88 View Post
    Why? You think this is the last update people will ***** about?
    No, unfortunately it is a vicious cycle, people always complain. However I am sure that palm has a beta tester program, as do most developer. I would assume that they are going to play their cards pretty close to the chest, especially in such a cut throat, copy cat market.

I just don't see Palm releasing to "public" beta testers. secretly or not, too much possibility for an uncontrolled leak.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    what the problem is, is all these RUMORS roaming around and getting peoples hopes up...jus tell us that their is an update on the way and not on a specific day because OBVIOUSLY it never works out that way
    That is not Palm's fault. They can either ignore the rumors or debunk them. If they debunk them they have to debunk all but the true rumors. That wouldn't work.

Also they would have to decide if enough people had heard a rumor so it needed to be put down.

They are stuck saying nothing.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by allofthepeople View Post
    once again these are FORUMS, not life or death press releases you are having to sort through.... regardless what you as one person may think is being an ***** its their choice to post and yours to not read it if you dont like it.
    I agree with this.

All I am saying, It does not add anything to the FORUMS.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    No, unfortunately it is a vicious cycle, people always complain. However I am sure that palm has a beta tester program, as do most developer. I would assume that they are going to play their cards pretty close to the chest, especially in such a cut throat, copy cat market.

I just don't see Palm releasing to "public" beta testers. secretly or not, too much possibility for an uncontrolled leak
    Now that's a solid reason that I did not consider. That makes sense.
    Thats it! I cant take this anymore. I'm downloading the freakin oregon trail app to makeup for it.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    i hope this update comes today or tomorrow...if it moves to march, no comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    At least we don't have Android or iPhone or WinMo and thus no idea when/if we will be getting an update!

Palm, thanks for the update when it is DONE.
    While that is true, at least all 3 of those already have 99% of the features that the pre is already missing from start so palm needs more updated then all 3 of those.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    when the total amount of replies to this thread surpasses the total amount of replies to the "General Pre Complaints" thread, THEN we will get 1.4...mark my words.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i remember 1.3.5 coming out on a thursday to me like at nine. i feel it might be the same. if not theres just tomorrow. cuz february ends sunday and i doubt anyone works the weekend over there. and it might be verizons fault but cant be cuz didnt 1.3.5 come out in europe later?
    And here is the problem, you have a very open ended February announcement for 1.4. you hype it up at CES. Then a few "possible" release dates get rumored out there.

If I was palm reading these forums, I would be happy to have the hype.

However, the bubble can only last so long. their is a definite time to act.

I just don't see Palm releasing to "public" beta testers. secretly or not, too much possibility for an uncontrolled leak.
    i remember back in the early days before releasing pre on sprint they had little contest in which they would pick the beta testers and this guy won the contest....
    Yep, I see that working. You bet. With the maturity level, and the fierce independence of thought and abilities of the average user on here, and the wonderful tendency to take responsibility for their own actions and expectations, I really see them giving that privilege and responsibility to folks here.

Uhhuh...
    +1 thats awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    i remember back in the early days before releasing pre on sprint they had little contest in which they would pick the beta testers and this guy won the contest....
    I am not sure where you a trying to go with this...

I am not sure where you a trying to go with this...
    saying that they do have a beta testers...around the country
    i took my battery out of my phone and turned it back on and 1.4 started installing. helllllll yeaaaaa!!!! finally