View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 100 of 175 FirstFirst ... 50 909596979899100101102103104105 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3481
    I think everyone needs to chill and stop taking things so serious in forums... So what if people post threads that you think is stupid because when it comes down to it these are FORUMS and nothing here is life or death, they are meant for people to post what they want if you don't like it then don't read them! Im just really aggravated about seeing people constantly grill people for duplicate questions or humor because to me you guys end up coming off more of an ***** than the poor guys you are tearing a new one.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    Yes, if they looking here they will see that and other threads too. Playing with loyal customers isn't good thing.
    I have it on good authority that the Palm CEO spends most of his day reading posts here. He has a sort of kinky thing where he gets his joys (if you know what I mean) by not responding to rumors and seeing people freak out.

Playing with customers? Really?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cibersay View Post
    im just sick and tired of seeing people cry on here.
    like you can visually see people and their tears on here
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    Feb. has 3 days left (not including today) and 1 work day left....... So play a nice game or something, study, go out on a date (good luck) or catch a movie.....
    Actually, Palm released one update late in the afternoon (may have even been after 5:00), and I think they released one on a Saturday.
    I wonder if it makes sense to update on a bad news cycle, wouldnt that just make the luster of 1.4, dirty from the get go? Maybe this news is the delaying factor. If there is indeed a delaying factor....As far as I'm concerned its not late till march 1st....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Like take your hand of that mouse and pay attention to your drink!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    Because the problem is obviously not fixed or else I wouldn't post this.
    What "problem"? Palm said February. It's still February. If March comes, then it will be a "problem", albeit a minor one.
    Quote Originally Posted by allofthepeople View Post
    I think everyone needs to chill and stop taking things so serious in forums... So what if people post threads that you think is stupid because when it comes down to it these are FORUMS and nothing here is life or death, they are meant for people to post what they want if you don't like it then don't read them! Im just really aggravated about seeing people constantly grill people for duplicate questions or humor because to me you guys end up coming off more of an ***** than the poor guys you are tearing a new one.
    The fact of the matter is that it is an update to a phone. I do not see the need to post threats or thing of that nature.

there is a difference between being funny and being an *****.

As stated before, go find something better to do until the update comes out.

People, there is no need to drink, hit your spouse or kick the dog over a phone. If you don't like it, leave it. "I am going to Droid" , "should have stayed with my iPhone" STFU!! If you want to leave, good-bye. Don't make a scene, I have no tears for you.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 02/25/2010 at 12:56 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Why don't they open up the beta testers to all the fanatics here that want to use it, this way Palm is off the hook for any bugs because you are a beta tester.

I know directv did that with their dvr's thru another message board.

This way the casual user is not effected and those that really want to try the new features can at their own risk.

Directv accomplished this by releasing the update late at night for a 2 hour window, which was announced that morning on the forum.

What do you all think? - We have a Palm rep that can work on that for us?
    nm
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Dont tell us about a HUGE update comming february....when its released on the LAST DAY OF FEBRUARY! this is so much bullsh*t
    Quote Originally Posted by grate88 View Post
    Why don't they open up the beta testers to all the fanatics here that want to use it, this way Palm is off the hook for any bugs because you are a beta tester.

This way the casual user is not effected and those that really want to try the new features can at their own risk.

Directv accomplished this by releasing the update late at night for a 2 hour window, which was announced that morning on the forum.

it comes when it comes. we are so close there is no point to this.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    Dont tell us about a HUGE update comming february....when its released on the LAST DAY OF FEBRUARY! this is so much bullsh*t
    STFU its not bull**** its their right as the developer. Grow up already!

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    it comes when it comes. we are so close there is no point to this.
    Why? You think this is the last update people will ***** about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    there is a difference between being funny and being an *****.
    once again these are FORUMS, not life or death press releases you are having to sort through.... regardless what you as one person may think is being an ***** its their choice to post and yours to not read it if you dont like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by grate88 View Post

Yep, I see that working. You bet. With the maturity level, and the fierce independence of thought and abilities of the average user on here, and the wonderful tendency to take responsibility for their own actions and expectations, I really see them giving that privilege and responsibility to folks here.

Uhhuh...
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    what the problem is, is all these RUMORS roaming around and getting peoples hopes up...jus tell us that their is an update on the way and not on a specific day because OBVIOUSLY it never works out that way
    Motorola accidentally announced on their official forums that the Android 2.1 update was coming out for the Droid in a few days.

That was almost two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.

All of you guys who think that this process works better elsewhere are totally delusional.
    Damn... 100 pages came and went, I guess I need a new page # to bet on. ha

I'll go with 174. Just for poops and grins.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    At least we don't have Android or iPhone or WinMo and thus no idea when/if we will be getting an update!

Palm, thanks for the update when it is DONE.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.