View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 10 of 175 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    These phones are out. The Samsung Moment has an 800 mhz processor. The Nexus.. Snapdragon.. 1 GHz...
    I love my pre, but to say that better processors aren't out there.. Gotta state the facts
    The processor in the Moment is actually worse than the one in the Pre. It's faster in megahertz, but it is based on an older chipset architecture (think Core Duo versus Core i7).
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpa View Post
    well the whole 19 page thread we all contributed to last night appears to have been deleted. If this one isn't to the mods liking will this go too? That would have been a good and funny timeline to keep to show how much we wanted the update- so, half of us stay on due to what a mod said and then we get penalised for posting. I am an admin of the largest iPhone forum on the net and I would not have done that on a thread that long. Couldn't you at least have archived it?
    Get used to it, sigh...it's the nature of threads...

But hey we can still be silly here, right?

"Embrace change.
    Those who cannot accept change
    Will stagnate and die"

So I keep reading that 1.4 will be out on Monday, 2/15. Do we have any confirmation yet on if it will be released then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    These phones are out. The Samsung Moment has an 800 mhz processor. The Nexus.. Snapdragon.. 1 GHz...
    I love my pre, but to say that better processors aren't out there.. Gotta state the facts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    The processor in the Moment is actually worse than the one in the Pre. It's faster in megahertz, but it is based on an older chipset architecture (think Core Duo versus Core i7).
    True. An 18 wheeler running at 80km/h can carry a lot more stuff than a pickup running at 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hardcoast0
    I got it.

Originally Posted by MannyZ28
    You could have at least included a humorously photoshopped screenshot for us!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    And we're back. Flaming/Language or otherwise off topic posts will be deleted. Let's be adults here.
    Did I say yay?

YaY!

Time to get all my toys up before school

Are the kittens all safe now? OR all gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Quote:
    I got it.

I like how the 4 isn't quite the right size
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I have pathes installed with web quick install, after the update can I just install the patched again, or should I use preware, I been thinking about downloading it.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    will patches with web os quick install work after the update happens?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Quote:
    I got it.

Come on you can do better than that.....

Last edited by helidos; 02/16/2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    still lots of anticipation.
    I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who knew a lady that once had a cell phone a few years ago that the update was coming out on feb. 31st... O wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    lol omg.....so funny to read what some people put about a less than .5 update. Seriously Palm....these people have some serious Youtube movies to shoot so lets get crackin people! Moove it moove it! :P
    Hey now, my YouTube videos are an art! Actually, I'm really anxious to check out the Flash capabilities. It'll be killer if I can shop, say, Beatport from my Pre.
    subscribed....
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    I brought my charger to work so I can keep checking for an update. You just never know. It could happen today
    lol, looks like I am doing the same thing till the update comes out. Worse case scenario is its only for 12 days
    Twitter: @PK1030
    I want to punch that guy that decided to get everyones hopes up again yesterday that hinted that we would be playing with the update "in a few hours"

Like seriously, be pesamistic, stop being optimistic, especially when you get thousands of other people to be optimistic, only to be let down.
    The thing that scares me is if one carrier finds an issue, Palm fixes it, and then that fix causes another issue for the other carrier.
    While we are waiting you might as well check out this video. Makes you want the upgrade even more, but will be worth the wait.

Waiting with anticipation, as I wait for my 2nd replacement Pre to come to me....
    To answer a direct question
    This was taken (by me) today 2/16/2010 at 11:45am
    There is no update as of yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    Waiting with anticipation, as I wait for my 2nd replacement Pre to come to me....
    what problems did you have?