Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    I thought I read somewhere we didn't have to remove patches for 1.4, so I didn't, but now my patches are gone. I've gone into Preware and it shows them as being able to update, but so far most I have tried give me IPKG errors. What gives? Do I need to uninstall the patches and try again or doctor my phone back to 1.3.5??
  2. Evansgw
    So... Now what?

I've spent the best part of the month waiting, now it is here I don't know what to do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    I thought I read somewhere we didn't have to remove patches for 1.4, so I didn't, but now my patches are gone. I've gone into Preware and it shows them as being able to update, but so far most I have tried give me IPKG errors. What gives? Do I need to uninstall the patches and try again or doctor my phone back to 1.3.5??
    After installin 1.4 and then going into Pre-Ware to re-install my patches, I also got the "IPKG error" after hitting "update all". WHat I did was remove whatever patch was giving me the error, and then hit "update all" again. It took me about 20 minutes of this "exercise" to get all of the patches that were "compatible" to download. It is still better to do it this way than to have to remove all the patches and then re-install them all, one-by-one.
    Ok. Got 1.4 done in the time it took me to order breakfast and eat (waffle house was busy). Didn't want to play with it too much before I got my patches back. Came home and right a way hooked up WOSQI to update my patches. It recognized that it needed to update my patches and started the process...Only, it stops....When it states that the script needs to run, i press ok and nothing....I waited 15 minutes, but nothing. Task manager on my desktop states that the app is not responding...I've shut down WOSQI twice and keep getting the same problem.
    Now, I can't get me patches with preware? Any help would be awesome!!!!
    Oh, yes I updated preware and all my apps before DL 1.4!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    So... Now what?

I've spent the best part of the month waiting, now it is here I don't know what to do!
    Now you get a pre plus with more ram and faster processor and wait for 1.4 update again!!!!!!!
    precentral previously claimed that a phonebook transfer was available on 1.4

has anyone tried this?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    yea patches aren't working well with 1.4 at all.. I ran an E.P.R before I updated last night cause some other forum members warned about compatability issues.
    what happened to my advance restart options. preware says it is their but it is really not, also tried to uninstall and it would not let me. i also cant reload cause technically it thinks i still have it, I'm going to try webos quick install.
    I'm missing the big clock ..............with 1.3 when the phone was locked you could just turn on the screen and check the time..now you have to unlock it first, then the date turns into the clock..

Is it just me or are others missing it also??

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    I'm missing the big clock ..............with 1.3 when the phone was locked you could just turn on the screen and check the time..now you have to unlock it first, then the date turns into the clock..

Is it just me or are others missing it also??
    Please don't post in multiple threads. It's against forum rules.

BTW, my clock is still there.
    my web browser is shot after 1.4 update. I'm running the browser mega mix patch as well. Bookmark page works fine, but just sits there after you click a page, won't even try to load.

edit: removed mega mix, still doing the same thing.

edit edit: removed multi-mod patch, guess that was the problem, works now! Saw a different thread with this same fix. Will reinstall megamix.
    Last edited by ninjab; 02/28/2010 at 02:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    yeah i saw they updated multi mod but still won't let internet run with it on the phone
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Before 1.4, sms showed the times during conversations. However, since 1.4, I just see conversations with little to no times recorded within the date that the conversation were initiated. Am i the only one experiencing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Jetta04 View Post
    Before 1.4, sms showed the times during conversations. However, since 1.4, I just see conversations with little to no times recorded within the date that the conversation were initiated. Am i the only one experiencing this?
    there's a patch for that.
    Does anyone else go into the Update App and it always says you have Applications which have updates but when you go click "SHOW" it goes to the App catalog and everything is up to date?
    the update is FINALLY on Bell now!! turns out I dont need the hack!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vsharma72 View Post
    Does anyone else go into the Update App and it always says you have Applications which have updates but when you go click "SHOW" it goes to the App catalog and everything is up to date?
    I do. I had it before and still have it since updating to 1.4
    I don't think I ever had a big clock. Is it on Pixi+ ? How do I activate it?

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

anybody else having pre problems like mine after the 1.4 update:

- volume on screen goes up and down?
    - screen does not turn on after sliding out keyboard or waking it up?
    Andre_3000,

Yes, my pre plus is doing the volume thing. It's a common problem that hasn't been addressed yet. Hopefully we will see 1.4.1 soon and there is a fix for it!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678