Page 1 of 33 123456 11 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Original post removed by author's request.
    will this also work if i were to say clock anywhere from 650-700 area
    it worked great thanks!!
    finally an easier way. That commandline one had my Pre acting funny in the past. Thanks.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the purpose of this patch to speed up the pre?

And my next question is how do you create the .sh file? Copy and paste to notepad and save it as "luna600patch.sh"?

When I open the link, do I copy everything that comes up?

Thanks
    Im in the same boat as leathernuts, I saved as a .sh everything that poped up in the new tab and then when I try and send to the /var/home/root I get an error and it doesn't go in. Using the Send to device from the tools menu right? Ill try again tonight and post the actual error.
    i get unexpected word "in" on line 3

and busy box on the other way posted
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    will this be making its way to preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Please input thanks.
    He just thanked you
    Why beg for the thanks button?

BTW, many Pre's will become unstable clocked about 500mhz. Not all but many. Let the bricking begin!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    It is still considered dangerous
    Now you mention it after all these poor people tried to follow your bad advise.

BTW, "your friends" would not be considered a large enough sample size for alpha testing.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I'll try it after Monday.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    No, it can only go up to the maximum of the processor which is 600 MHz
    Just a note, the reason we can't go past 600 is because that's the highest setting that is compiled into our kernel. The Motorola Droid, which has the same TI OMAP3430 processor, has been overclocked and run at 1GHz without a problem. It just requires a custom kernel to do so.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    He just thanked you
    Why beg for the thanks button?

BTW, many Pre's will become unstable clocked about 500mhz. Not all but many. Let the bricking begin!
    What bricking? There's no bricking to be seen here, go look elsewhere. :P
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Will this work for say 575mhz if I wanted to?
    Do you think it would be safe to update with this enabled?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I don't think 575 works, inly 600 550 and 500.
    btw what's the difference between this and the powersave patches, aside from the smartreflex and cpu scaling?
    Note there are those who think this may shorten the lifetime of your pre
    yea i used to maybe think this was possible but after palm has bumped the cpu up to 600mhz while in 3d games i no longer see 600mhz as shortening the life of the pre. If they thought it was going to give them any more warranty claims then they already have i don't think they would of done it but who knows.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    caj2008: Would this work if the smartreflex 550 patch is installed? Part of the reason I want to patch is for potential battery savings when the phone is idle, in addition to the speed bump to the cpu. I've had no issue installing the smartreflex 550 patch, it just doesn't actually edit /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed. I'm debating trying either your method with the shell script, or just manually editing the scaling_setspeed file.
    this process worked installed it. this is what appears when I check if it was overclocked. can OP confirm it is overclocked and maybe explain the numbers for me? Thank you very much for this quick patch. It was fairly simple and very well written.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Those numbers indicate that your cpu is still spending most of it's time at 500 MHz. I could be wrong, but it looks like your pkill didn't take. Try issuing a reboot command, or resetting the phone and then after using it a bit, cat the time_in_state file again and see what the numbers look like.
    Thanks.
Page 1 of 33 123456 11 ... LastLast