Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    The next versions...720 and 800 MHz coming soon to a Pre/Pixi near you!!
    pls tell me ur serious lol if this is a joke I'll be devestated
    How in the world were you able to do this?
    I thought it was impossible.
    Since originally the Pre/Pixi was only stacked up to be 600 MHz
    Wouldn't it like catch on fire or something? Lol
    Sounds good! I hope to see this in action.

It is overclocking so I need to see if there is any inherent instability issues. We are being careful and testing it through the next two days.
    That's pretty cool.
    This should definitely make the front page at least.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    caj2008 would it be possible to tell us how ur phone feels after the "overclock" or keep us updated throughout the next two days
    This is what it gives me when I do the command line, is this right?

root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Did you check the frequency of the device after you made changes?

Put this in the commandline
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

You should either see 600000 or 550000
    depending on which version you used.
    i am sorry but how do i put my phone in commandline?
    Quote Originally Posted by electrical1213 View Post
    i am sorry but how do i put my phone in commandline?
    It's in WebOS Quick Install
    Under tools at the very bottom says "Linux Commandline"
    [QUOTE=Demlor;2235744]It's in WebOS Quick Install
    Under tools at the very bottom says "Linux Commandline"[/QUOTE

i just check and it said 600000, is that means that it worked?
    and thanks for the help.
    Very cool.... how does the phone feel running at 800? I imagine it is very snappy. Keep up the good work.
    thanks, i just noticed that the youtube loads a bit faster and over all the phone is also a bit snappier.
    thanks again.
    I would like to add something (as I recently added the 600). If you are on the go and away from a computer (and all your patches etc are okay) and you wish to update to the 1.4 when it comes out you should be able to uninstall/stop the 550/600 using the terminal app on preware using your phone and type in the commandline that is instructed by caj2009. (please correct me if I am wrong).
    Sorry...noticed I could use terminal app to check to see if it's running at 600 which worked...so I thought you could stop 600 using terminal app too
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Sorry...noticed I could use terminal app to check to see if it's running at 600 which worked...so I thought you could stop 600 using terminal app too
    You can use the terminal app to execute the Linux commands from the OP whether your overclocking or resotring the original speed.

Personally, it wouldn't be my first choice though because it can be hard to see and it's very important to execute the commands correctly

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    You can use the terminal app to execute the Linux commands from the OP whether your overclocking or resotring the original speed.

Personally, it wouldn't be my first choice though because it can be hard to see and it's very important to execute the commands correctly

I used ssh to enable.

I am also using smartreflex. I never really had issues with the old patches either.
    You can use terminal app but that has nothing to do with Preware.

I may make a new thread soon as this one is getting a bit "Jason like" in length which can detract comprehension.
    Sorry...meant to say that you could find terminal app in preware...
    CARPEDIEM
    I have another beef-Too many patches that have cross compatibility issues are released in Preware. Why don't they simply make a chart for the newbies which patches may conflict. It is easy to know...just investigate the files they modify.
    This comment would make an interesting new thread.

caj2008...I've seen you post comments like this a couple other times also...It's not really a fair statement/argument given all the time that goes into creating patches and the installation infrastructure...It's a part time thing for most (if not all), and people really need to know what they're doing before they get excited & tap the "Install" button.

I agree there's room for improvement, but we have to appreciate the effort within the PreCentral community that's gotten things this far.

It's all testing and experimentally until it's in an official Palm supported update.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    You should have. Do a speed test. Are you really above 500 MHz. I doubt it based on that script and the current OS.
    Was that directed to me? Let me rephrase. I enabled your patch by ssh'ing in to my phone, I don't like the WOSQI command line. I verified it is running 600mHz. I also have the (current) smartreflex patch, which doesn't touch the CPU speed. I never had issue with the old smartreflex 600 patches, and I never really thought they should have caused issues based on what they do, unless there is simply some problem with smartreflex and running 600 during the boot process but not during operation of the phone; your patch doesn't change the CPU speed until the boot is finished and Luna is launching, so that really seems to be the only difference between the new and old patches.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    We changed this in the new version we are testing now. The boot speeds and cpu are both set at 720 and 800 MHz for the new patches in alpha testing.

BTW-I had issues with the smartflex and cpu scaling patches (550 and 600 MHz) as did many others (see other threads). I created a thread on how to unbrick a Pre (and completely clean the OS up) based on the after effect of these patches (freeze at boot screen). Those issues made alot of people label them as dangerous. The two present patches have no issues and the newer tested version will not be released until thorough testing is complete.
    Oh I know a lot of people reported problems with them, and I did have problems when i tried to use the CPU scaling patch (even at 500). I just don't think those patches had anything inherently bad about them (as opposed to some other patches and themes that do not clean up properly). I'm curious, though, just how many people had problems with one of the powersave patches running at higher than 500, versus just using powersave at 500. Presumably Palm has some reason to keep the speed at 500, even going to far as to hardcode it in LunaSysMgr (for those who haven't looked into this closely, what you are doing in running this script is to edit the executable that contain's your phone's GUI; Palm is running a command inside Luna that sets the CPU speed to 500 and this script changes that to 550 or 600). It may not necessarily be a very good reason, I'll grant that. Unless some individual hardware is capable of running the higher speed alongside powersaving mods, I simply don't see an explanation for the problems people had.