Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233
    Just out of curiosity... I understand that the 720/800 patches need to be removed to update as they change the kernel. With this in mind, is it necessary to remove the 600mhz patch to update?
    600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh

why can't I access the d^mn file? sigh... ;p
    willis i don't know what you're talking about, i'm probably too dumb to understand it anyway. it's just a shame that everything with this phone is so complicated, that fact that there are many threads saying different things definitely doesn't help either
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I knew about the security but I do see a performance issue when it is enabled. Is this just me? It is the only time my Pre stutters when it is on. I will write a clarification, my apologies for generalizing my device observations to others.
    You are not the only one, I always make sure to turn off developer mode... Sometimes I will forget and when my phone starts to lag or act likes it's going to freeze up, I look and sure enough developer mode is still on. I was actually trying to find out if it was common to experience the screen acting buggy with devmode enabled so I guess now I know. I understand that it shouldn't be causing any lag etc... but for me it does, so I am going to just try to keep remembering to turn it off. Thanks for all the hard work guys, just installed the 600mhz ipk because it seemed a bit safer to me. I wish I could go to the 800 ipk, but can't afford to replace my Pre right now.
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    ive been using the 800 for a while also with no problems what so ever with the newest kernel
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I have had it installed the longest continually and I always keep development mode off. I have absolutely no issues and great battery life. I suggest you try the 720 with development mode off until/if you are comfortable going to 800.
    Alright, that is three people who in response to a post I made, have recommended the 800 ipk. I am going to try it. I am a little nervous though because with the 600 ipk, I had no issues till about 24 hours in... about 9 hours after installing the CPUscaler set at 500-600. Then it rebooted, I tried to set the app back up after it rebooted and it froze. I am worried that I have one of the bad processors. I don't really see how I could though. So, I guess I am going to give it a try. I am sure it will all work out in the end, thank you both for the advice and the work that went into the creation of these kernels/ipks is very much appreciated!

UPDATE: So over the last 14 hours, the only time I have had a problem with the phone is while having the CPUscaler on the device... Is it safe to run it at 600 without it, because I seem to be getting normal battery drain with the 600 ipk. I have taken the app off and just ran at 600mhz and had no problems, then when I reinstalled the app again and turned it on... this time it didn't make it nine hours after about 30 mins the phone rebooted and froze again. I don't know if this is normal or not... or is it my processor? The Pre seems perfect without the scaling app on there but is this why the 800 mhz is more stable? is this common for the 600 mhz? Or is this an indication that my phone won't run the 800 either?
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I tried downloading the 800 Mhz kernel, but it states it's "private".

Do I need to log in to get the kernel?