Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233 LastLast
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I have been running the 600MHz patch for a few days now and I notice that the phone becomes unresponsive sometimes. For example, if the phone is locked, sliding the unlock icon up to unlock the phone does nothing (i.e. icon doesn't move). After 3 or 4 tries it finally unlocks. Sometimes, if the phone is not locked, a gesture is ignored. I did not notice this behavior before installing the patch. I have not removed the patch to ascertain that the patch is the cause. I have installed other patches such as the 4x4, mute switch icon and battery as a percent. Also, I have Classic (Preware) installed. thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    I have been running the 600MHz patch for a few days now and I notice that the phone becomes unresponsive sometimes. For example, if the phone is locked, sliding the unlock icon up to unlock the phone does nothing (i.e. icon doesn't move). After 3 or 4 tries it finally unlocks. Sometimes, if the phone is not locked, a gesture is ignored. I did not notice this behavior before installing the patch. I have not removed the patch to ascertain that the patch is the cause. I have installed other patches such as the 4x4, mute switch icon and battery as a percent. Also, I have Classic (Preware) installed. thorne
    You should remove the patch, ascertain that the problem goes away, then install the patch again, ascertain that the problem comes back, remove the patch, ascertain it goes away, install the patch again, ascertain it comes back. You should make no other changes to your device whatsoever throughout this process.

Without such rigour, reports of things possibly being the result of a patch are less useful. The authors of the patches need certainty.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks Rod for helping out like you do !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    This is not normal, please uninstall the patch and see if it is related. We have had no repots like this before. What patch did you install? Make sure you uninstall the same patch.
    I installed the 600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh patch.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Wow, sped up to 600 Mhz over the weekend (with no problems whatsoever) and was immediately impressed! Thank you both for this... I have love the Pre, but have numerous concerns, speed being one of them. Your patch helps tremendously.

Looking forward to 800 Mhz!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should remove the patch, ascertain that the problem goes away, then install the patch again, ascertain that the problem comes back, remove the patch, ascertain it goes away, install the patch again, ascertain it comes back. You should make no other changes to your device whatsoever throughout this process.

Without such rigour, reports of things possibly being the result of a patch are less useful. The authors of the patches need certainty.

-- Rod
    I agree, Rod, and I knew I was being less than helpful when I posted. I threw it out there to see if anyone else has/had similar observations. I'll wait until the 800MHz patch is released before I perform any debugging should I observe similar behavior. thorne
    I have that same problem with the unlock icon not responding and the other posters issue with the phone app hanging. I have not installed any speed patches yet. I just started reading about them last night. I'm going to try it out tonight. Just wanted to let you know I have those same probs without the speed patch.
    Just installed the 600MHz Patch - much snappier, very nice.
    Verified the Install: Scaling = 600000
    However, upon initial install I didn't notice the space between sh /var/..and it generated an error. I then tried again without the sh, I just used /var/home/root/600MHz..etc and it installed. Verified and it showed 60000. I then uninstalled the patch the same way /var/home/root/600Mhz..etc. And it worked. So I installed and uninstalled again the same way and verified..all worked great.
    I ran the phone for about three hrs and all is great. I uninstalled the patch and verified 500000. Then installed the patch Correctly, putting the space in after
    sh /var/home/root/600MHz..etc and Verified 600000. All is great! Is there any difference in the installs not using sh in the start of the command? Did I mess anything up?

Sorry so confusing. My thanks to Marco and caj2008 and everyone involved!!!!

---pd
    ----
    Treo 600, 650, 700, 755P, Pre +
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly313 View Post
    Just installed the 600MHz Patch - much snappier, very nice.
    Verified the Install: Scaling = 600000
    However, upon initial install I didn't notice the space between sh /var/..and it generated an error. I then tried again without the sh, I just used /var/home/root/600MHz..etc and it installed. Verified and it showed 60000. I then uninstalled the patch the same way /var/home/root/600Mhz..etc. And it worked. So I installed and uninstalled again the same way and verified..all worked great.
    I ran the phone for about three hrs and all is great. I uninstalled the patch and verified 500000. Then installed the patch Correctly, putting the space in after
    sh /var/home/root/600MHz..etc and Verified 600000. All is great! Is there any difference in the installs not using sh in the start of the command? Did I mess anything up?

Sorry so confusing. My thanks to Marco and caj2008 and everyone involved!!!!

---pd
    you should be fine but dont leave that out anymore . it just risky is all !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Your screen shot's are the BEST part of the instructions. Just do this...click next...just do this...click next. Props! My three yr old could figure that out.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    It is still considered dangerous so it won't make Preware. I don't believe it is. When I used the old patches they "bricked" my Pre and I used the procedure written in the below signature thread to fix it. Hence the CPU was fine and it was the patch itself in my opinion (cpuscaling or powersave). Haven't had a "bricking like" issue since.

its probably answered somewhere in here, but theres a million pages...but as long as i follow all the steps correctly I should be fine is that correct?

how likely is it that my pre will be bricked?
    Just updated to 600mhz. WOW.. Cut load app times in half or less. Will play with this for a week then attempt 800 mhz. THANKS!
    Yep, just hanging out here in the Eastern Standard Time Zone -- watching anxiously in case a certain patch pops up on this forum just after the stroke of midnight!
    "2....minutes....to midnight"
    Great work guys.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Great Job, Thanks!
    Is this available as an IPK yet?

would be a love more helpful for a noob like me

thanks.
    Just curious if there are still plans to bring this to Preware or IPK in a more stable build? ...Or have the dev resources shifted towards the 720/800 patch instead?

Thanks for all the work!
    the ipk patches are finished and will be ready for use very soon .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Just curious if there are still plans to bring this to Preware or IPK in a more stable build? ...Or have the dev resources shifted towards the 720/800 patch instead?

Thanks for all the work!
    See http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2333764 for Preware status.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the ipk patches are finished and will be ready for use very soon .
    Hate to be a nag but i'm just very curious to test this ipk out. Possible to get it today since its done and ready?

Thanks for all the hard work!