Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233 LastLast
    So, the number will just keep going? I'm 7 hours into the 600 patch with 1.4 and my numbers in the 600 stats_in_time is now 1280167.
    I'm just thinking that it should've stopped at 600000 but guess that's wrong?!?!? Sorry -- had to ask.....
    What you are looking at is the time spent at the speed. Since the number keeps going up the patch is doing what it is supposed to do. Without the patch your 500000 numbers would be the one going up. Everything is fine.
    Thanks Mamouton! I'm getting more and more familiar with this stuff daily but still got questions. I'm put a very large load on the phone, ran the stats and it goes up equal with the load which makes sense. It just didn't drop that much when it was idle with nothing visible running (I know that there are daemons still running but no pulled-up apps). I just didnt want it to hit 3 gazillion and die). :-)
    This isn't a scaling patch that is why you are seeing numbers in the 600000 and staying you have made your phone do what Palm has it do automatically with the 3d games.
    also, it will reset every time the phone is reset as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    your not asleep Jeff !!! tsk tsk tsk ha ha!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Shadavis, My pre didn't reset with each boot maybe this one was different than the original one unixpyscho put out.
    By reset, do you mean the tics in the 600000 area of the stats_in_time
    or reset back to the ssllooooww 500 stock speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    By reset, do you mean the tics in the 600000 area of the stats_in_time
    or reset back to the ssllooooww 500 stock speed?
    no just the tics should reset lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Thought so -- still showing the 600000 is applied, even after reseting the Dev MOde back and one other restart back into dev mode again so seems likes it's sticking. Numbers were lower as you and Mamouton stated.

Thanks a ton guys! I'm basically living on this blog/post until the new kernel is out for 1.4 and I can get the speed up to 800Mhz. May need a good divorce attorney but at least my Pre will be rocking! :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    Thought so -- still showing the 600000 is applied, even after reseting the Dev MOde back and one other restart back into dev mode again so seems likes it's sticking. Numbers were lower as you and Mamouton stated.

Thanks a ton guys! I'm basically living on this blog/post until the new kernel is out for 1.4 and I can get the speed up to 800Mhz. May need a good divorce attorney but at least my Pre will be rocking! :-D
    thats terrible hope you dont need that attorney in the end !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I just installed the 600MHz patch and I'm rebooting after taking it out of devmode. I guess I'll see how well it's running in a bit. Thanks for all the hard work guys!
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    I just installed the 600MHz patch and I'm rebooting after taking it out of devmode. I guess I'll see how well it's running in a bit. Thanks for all the hard work guys!
    I never take my phone out of dev mode due to the time constraints of rebooting...should I?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I never take my phone out of dev mode due to the time constraints of rebooting...should I?
    There are concerns about the security of a Pre with developer mode always enabled. So yes, the safe advice is that you should really disable it when you've finished with it.
    Last edited by SqyArc; 03/21/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    There are concerns about the security of a Pre with developer mode always enabled. So yes, the safe advice is that you should really disable it when you've finished with it.
    Unless something has changed, I'm not sure that's accurate...It's only accessible through a USB connection...Please see below...

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no security risk associated with Developer Mode.

The facts are that enabling developer mode inserts a kernel module for usb communication (i.e. not accessible unless you have physical access to the device to plug in the USB cable) and enables novacomd ports for the loopback address only (i.e. not accessible other than from programs already running on the device, like the usb communication kernel module).

Leaving developer mode on is completely safe.

-- Rod
    I saw this advise back in December.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Unless something has changed, I'm not sure that's accurate...It's only accessible through a USB connection...Please see below...

I saw this advise back in December.
    Yow.. you are right I can't keep up lol. The last thread I read about it everyone was really worried about everyone leaving dev mode on. Rod's word is gospel however
    I just installed the patch for 600 and YES it is faster already...I cant wait for 800....btw the guide is perfect, even a newbie with Adult ADD can follow it YOU ROCK Keep up the good work!!! Fabulous and thanks to Shane for getting my Pre healthy enough to do this.
    Did the 600MHz mod yesterday and it gave me a slight speedier webos over the standard 500
    I'm liking it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    No this is an OS1.4 issue. I modifed the procedure
    whats the issue?
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 03/21/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    No this is an OS1.4 issue. I modifed the procedure
    i dont understand what you mean here ??
    It is also true now

Development mode does effect performance so I would turn it off unless needed.
    how does it effect performance ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη