Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    So after using it the past few hours, I do see a big difference in the speed.
    Kudos to caj2008 for this!
    I'm really excited for this... I can only imagine what webos would be like with some REAL speed!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Named launcher pages current patch will cause those issues but not the 600 MHz patch. I had to uninstall and reinstall it before I added this patch to get it to work at all. I have extensively tested This 600 MHz patch in The presence of 120 other patches. I have also seen no significant decrease in battery life vs. 500 MHz. I am upset we still have to defend it as being nondangerous. The version 5 patch is the most stable named launcher page patch and I have it installed with 100+ other patches and this 600 MHz script. My Pre runs so smooth.
    Named pages and the new 4x4 launcher with hidden arrows conflict and cause icons to disappear.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Named pages and the new 4x4 launcher with hidden arrows conflict and cause icons to disappear.
    I have the 4x4 icons with hidden arrows patch, icons are not disappearing.
    Can anyone speak to perceived or measured battery life after upping the CPU speed to 600?
    personally I don't notice a difference in battery life, if there is one it seems negligible at most.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Works great. Thanks to you!

Will this need to be uninstalled before 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I have the 4x4 icons with hidden arrows patch, icons are not disappearing.
    I think there is a new version o fthe hidden arrows patch that does conflict.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...auncher-6.html
    Laissez Faire
    Thanks for the patch...just up'd to 600 and already seeing an improvement in responsiveness. Looking forward to further improvements. Keep up the excellent work...I'm lovin the Pre and this community.
    Quote Originally Posted by big****t View Post
    Well, I was waiting for 1.4 before I installed this. But, I'm bored and 1.4 is nowhere in sight so, I installed, did the freq. test. I'm at 600 and will let yall know if any problems come up.
    Aight. After 2 days of using this patch I have noticed a few things. The lag and hanging on my phone is gone. My Youtube works again. This has to be the easiest and stabilest 600 patch to date. Thanks bra, this patch WORKS. Will keep you posted of any other improvements or issues. One.
    so far no problems. looking good.
    Any news on that custom kernel?
    Good Instructions!! Followed everything to the tee, and its running smoothly. Will let you know if any problems or anything happens. Good Job on this one CaJ2008!!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    wow. Brilliant! Feels really snappy and nothings broken.
    Wow im so excited!!!!
    The next revision will be alot faster
    It will be like Christmas in February

Or if you are Palm...Christmas in July, well maybe August
    The next revision will be alot faster
    caj, I was just wondering whether or not you had messed around with the memory side of things in an attempt to get more speed. I did a small search and it appeared that there was limited success until 1.3.5 and now none of the patches that were around work. Is there even a way for us to get more speed from our memory?
    What clock speeds have you been able to achieve?
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    u should make a video for dummies like me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    u should make a video for dummies like me lol
    Its really not as bad as you think...I am a newbie at all this too. Just dont be overwhelmed, take your time and follow the easy step by step instructions that caj supplied and you will be sporting 600 MHz in less than 3 minutes!
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast