Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    For some reason, I had to install the 550 patch, then uninstall it, then re-install the 600 patch. Watch out cause the 550 patch you download is named 550Mz, NOT 550mHz. You have to change the command line (don't copy and paste).

Why did I already have that patch installed? I know I never installed it!
    pkill Luna command does nothing....I had to restart my phone manually. Does anyone no why? Aren't I supposed to see something happen when I type pkill luna. I have the luna manager installed as an app and I can restart it from there. Do I need to update something?

Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    pkill restarts Luna. If you don't see that..major issue

QUOTE=aairman23;2311890]For some reason, I had to install the 550 patch, then uninstall it, then re-install the 600 patch. Watch out cause the 550 patch you download is named 550Mz, NOT 550mHz. You have to change the command line (don't copy and paste).

Why did I already have that patch installed? I know I never installed it!
    pkill Luna command does nothing....I had to restart my phone manually. Does anyone no why? Aren't I supposed to see something happen when I type pkill luna. I have the luna manager installed as an app and I can restart it from there. Do I need to update something?
    [/QUOTE]

This an issue that has not been talked about here so far as i can tell. I have discussed this in the webos-internals irc channel.
    Apparently 1.4 has altered something in luna, If you enter pkill LunaSysMgr twice it will work!
    Alternatively you can use stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr and it willdo the same thing on the first try.

Hope this helps.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Use pkill -9 LunaSysMgr or initctl stop LunaSysMgr then initctl start LunaSysMgr

documents should be updated to reflect webOS 1.4 change.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Use pkill -9 LunaSysMgr or initctl stop LunaSysMgr then initctl start LunaSysMgr
    FYI (and not saying whether it matters or not), in Preware's Package Manager Service we use "killall -HUP LunaSysMgr" for the Restart Luna function.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    when will we be able to download the 600's from preware again?
    Bang. Excellent work guys.

For any of you all wondering, my results (attached here) are on a phone that was updated many times (1.1- 1.2 - 1.3 - 1.3.1 - 1.3.5.1) etc. I also did a test on the same phone that was Dr'd clean and then tested. The results were only variable within a 4% window for any one test. So it seems by my testing that these patches work great both with a 'clean' or fresh phone, and one from the olden days .

Frequency Tests
    BogoMIPS xxxxx BogoMIPS xxxxx BogoMIPS xxxxx
    500mhz 720mhz 800mhz
    Boot Time (secs) 03:42:21 01:42:00 01:40:00
    Launch Browser 00:03:27 00:02:31 02:01:00
    Launch Photo App 00:04:26 00:03:30 00:03:37
    Launch Camera 00:03:00 00:02:30 00:01:30
    Launch Calendar 00:05:30 00:04:01 00:03:03
    Render palm.com 00:10:01 00:07:10 00:08:01
    Render Precentral 00:23:05 00:20:01 00:18:01

Pre Temperature Monitor
    500mhz 720mhz 800mhz
    0 Minutes 30 Degrees 30 31
    10 Minutes 31 31 32
    20 Minutes 31 31 32
    30 Minutes 31 31 32
    60 Minutes 31 31 31

Battery Drain Per Hour
    500mhz 720mhz 800mhz
    0 Minutes 4.60% 7.1 7.4
    10 Minutes 4.7 7.5 7.5
    20 Minutes 5 7 7.2
    30 Minutes 4.9 6.8 6.8
    60 Minutes 5.2 6.8 6.5

Comments & Additional Info
    My Comments: Please vary the apps for diversity and if you can run single apps and apps in combination that would be even more useful (may have to modify spreadsheet to include combo data)
    Wow that was ugly. Adding it as a screen capture now, as excel is acting funny this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for the results data
    Gladly. Thank you for some amazing work.
    Thank caj2008 and unixpsycho, they are the masterminds behind this project
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Hi All, old timer here. I have been a Palm device guy since the Tungsten T days. Most recently I had a Centro and was debating Blackberry versus Pre and after I saw how great the Palm community STILL is in cyberspace, I decided to stick with Palm and bought my Pre 2 days ago.

I'm a tinkerer so I was attracted right away to this and a few other threads about patches and mods. A MAJOR THANK YOU to caj2008 and unixpsycho and the other patch developers for your cyberspace presence and support that I've observed.

I've got the 600MHz patch running (on WebOS 1.4) and so far so good.

Good to be among Palm cronies again ! thorne
    Last edited by thornev; 03/20/2010 at 01:51 PM.
    Caj 2008, I can't say enough how appreciative I am for this patch and your work on it. VERY awesome and I am very pleased with my phone now.
    I didn't realize this until afterwards but I already had 1.4 installed and did this .. should I remove or worry about this? I realize the post dates on this thread were pre-WebOS 1.4 and I just wanna be safe?

Also, I've seen other patches that set the sample rate (think that's the right lingo) to 11% - 20% to prevent video flickering AND that drop the idle rate down to the 125000 range. I'm a confused or can you/someone do this with a patch or is that just an example of the Reflex and/or Powersave patches instead?

Again, MANY thanks to you for this!!!!
    How do we "clean up our Pre OS" as you mentioned?
    Are you still running it? I'm running it too in 1.4 and WOW is it snappy!
    Quick question: running 1.4 and just installed Caj's 600Mhz patch -- been checking the stats_in_time and it's now way past 600000. Is this ok? Normal? No need for alarm? I did everything by the instructions.....
    I just really don't want goof anything up -- Anxious and sleepless awaiting the 800Mhz for 1.4!
    i thought results were supposed to be posted in the other thread ?? 720 and 800 thread
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    Quick question: running 1.4 and just installed Caj's 600Mhz patch -- been checking the stats_in_time and it's now way past 600000. Is this ok? Normal? No need for alarm? I did everything by the instructions.....
    I just really don't want goof anything up -- Anxious and sleepless awaiting the 800Mhz for 1.4!
    that is correct
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just a thought (and not to be negative) but what do you think things will look like after the Flashplayer kicks in for the Pre? I hope not more work for you guys.
    who knows until it gets here lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Interesting observation.. I never seemed to have this issue before the 600mhz patch but now, if I open up the camera app, and then hit the power button to turn the screen off, if I turn the screen back on, the camera will never work correctly again unless I reboot the whole Pre. It will just be a solid gray screen that occasionally will flash white for a moment and then return to gray. I close the app, re-open it and it does the same thing every time. Reboot, works fine again. Could this be at all related to the patch? Anyone ran into this? Other than that, love the patch! I've had 2 phonecalls where the first 10 seconds or so of the call sounded really muffled and hard to understand but then eventually cleared up, and never had that before the patch either but not necessarily blaming it on it either. Thanks for the hard work! Phone is so much more responsive in the launcher!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Interesting observation.. I never seemed to have this issue before the 600mhz patch but now, if I open up the camera app, and then hit the power button to turn the screen off, if I turn the screen back on, the camera will never work correctly again unless I reboot the whole Pre. It will just be a solid gray screen that occasionally will flash white for a moment and then return to gray. I close the app, re-open it and it does the same thing every time. Reboot, works fine again. Could this be at all related to the patch? Anyone ran into this? Other than that, love the patch! I've had 2 phonecalls where the first 10 seconds or so of the call sounded really muffled and hard to understand but then eventually cleared up, and never had that before the patch either but not necessarily blaming it on it either. Thanks for the hard work! Phone is so much more responsive in the launcher!
    Yes i was having the camera issue before installing the 600 patch. Rebooting does fix the problem..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol