Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    glad you got it working lol , i would still download firefox and use that web browser it just much more user friendly !! well in my opinion lol
    yeah that is how I got the patch to download correctly! I have to say I notice quite a difference. When I open the phone app there is no splash screen just straight to the app. Good work fellas!!
    Pre with 1.4. Installed the 600 patch and everything is MUCH better. Can't wait to try out 800.
    I put it on! great tutorial .... THANKS!!! much faster, everything works just fine, i'll let u know if anything goes wrong THANKS AGAIN!
    confirmed working, good work guys.
    sure is snappy.
    can't wait to try out 720 and 800.
    are you guys running into any heat problems with either?
    Stop mocking me!
    It was the Pre who told me the disk was full. This is the message when I try to copy the LunaSysMgr to /usr/bin:

cp: write error: No space left on device
    I have mounted the filesystem as rw.
    I took out this patch because I was going to trade my phone (which I didn't end up doing.) So I have been using the Pre Plus without the patch for a half a day and man, I sure miss 600mhz. Getting ready to put it back in. THANKS for all the work.
    Trying to install the 600mhz version

For some reason, I get a message "already installed" rather then "patching Luna...ok". Also, when I input the "pkill Luna" command, my phone doesn't restart. What do you think is wrong?

Also when I check the speeds i still have a goose egg next to the 600mhz speed
    Last edited by aairman23; 03/17/2010 at 10:05 AM.
    For some reason, I had to install the 550 patch, then uninstall it, then re-install the 600 patch. Watch out cause the 550 patch you download is named 550Mz, NOT 550mHz. You have to change the command line (don't copy and paste).

Why did I already have that patch installed? I know I never installed it!
    pkill Luna command does nothing....I had to restart my phone manually. Does anyone no why? Aren't I supposed to see something happen when I type pkill luna. I have the luna manager installed as an app and I can restart it from there. Do I need to update something?
    my Pre is definitely faster but i am experiencing issues with things like hitting a button and it not responding the first or second time. i also have experienced issues with web pages not letting me scroll up and down normally. other than the minor issues... its much faster at 600mhz
    I notice that too, except I can't click on any apps at all. I tried resetting 5 times. This is really really weird because my screen responds in every way except for when I click or touch an app. I can slide my finger up to get the quick launch bar wave (I have hide quick launch bar patch installed) and then let go on an app and the app will open, but when I bring up the launcher and try to click an app, it won't open. I have enable vibration hack and I can feel vibration and see the "touch ripple", but that app wont open . I can't open anything. Also, sometime when I swipe up to bring up the launcher, I get the text box thing and there is a "c" with a little squiggly line underneath it. PLEASE HELP!

Edit: So this is awesome....I uninstalled the program with the uninstall command and then reset (cause pkill luna does othing for me) and I still can't click on any apps. What the heck is going on?

Edit 2: I have uninstalled any vibration/hepatic feedback patch as well as any app launcher patch and I can't open any app from the app launcher. I can't even open an app if i type the name then click on it from the find box. The screen is responding perfect in virtually every other way. For example, Menus open fine. I can plug it in and click "usb mode" or "just charge" and those work fine. This sucks

Edit 3: My phone is now cutting off every call and the signal bars are disappearing, then reappearing (completely gone...not just empty bars).
    Last edited by aairman23; 03/17/2010 at 11:47 AM.
    Consider me Doctored!!!

I had it coming anyway...I was living with a proximity sensor issue that I should have fixed in the first place. Doctoring fixed the issue. I will try this 600 MHz hack again and see what happens. I'll keep posting.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    This was so easy and such a rewarding patch! Thanks for the work!

It's definitely "snappier", as has been mentioned previously. Everything seems rock-solid and I'm not noticing any dramatic increase in heat either.

Is anyone aware of a patch or tweak that would allow us to speed up or eliminate all the animations for the Launcher, Cards, etc.? I know they're pretty but I want speed!
    May I ask yet again how the tested measure the temperature and the time apps take to run? Any utils to do so?
    Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Install battery monitor App from WOSQI or PreWare, open menu and you will find those options. You can monitor over many different time intervals. It is a great App.

Great I want to monitor the 600 patch and report back
    Many thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Install battery monitor App from WOSQI or PreWare, open menu and you will find those options. You can monitor over many different time intervals. It is a great App.
    Ok I can monitor the battery consumption and temperature how can I record the "start up" time of each app though? Do I need a stop clock or is there another tool to do so? Or can I do that with the battery monitor?

Thanks again
    Vas
    Just thought I'd chime in; was a little hesitant to try this out, but after reading through the thread I decided to give it a go. And what a difference! My Pre is so much faster now, and not experiencing any issues.. except for one brief issue with my launcher menus. I have the 4x4 icons patch, as well as the named launcher pages patch installed. After the first reboot (after applying the patch) my launcher was stuck on the first page, and simply wouldn't move. Universal search also wouldn't work. One more reboot, and the launcher pages were back to normal, universal search worked again, but my camera icon had disappeared, but would run regardless. One final reboot, and everything is fine. Have rebooted since and no other issues have come up.

This is fantastic, and I can only imagine the speed of the Pre running at 800MHz. I've also noticed next to no difference in temperature. And if my battery drain is any worse, it's such a small difference, I'm not able to notice.
    Update....Everything works like a charm now. I have no idea what was wrong with my proximity sensor and if that was what caused all my issues when i installed this hack. But after doctoring and then re-installing this hack, everything is running smooth and my phone is back to normal. What can I say....I have bad luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by frett View Post
    Is anyone aware of a patch or tweak that would allow us to speed up or eliminate all the animations for the Launcher, Cards, etc.? I know they're pretty but I want speed!
    I wish!!!

My Comments: I am not submitting any 800mhz data because I had it installed for a full day and my phone just seemed real buggy all day, sometimes it would be fast, others I would have 15-20 sec hangups and what not. I would get an unresponsive touchscreen at random. At one point i was unable to close an app, I had to lock screen and unlock for it to work. So I removed it immediately in fear of unwanted consequences, sorry guys. But the 720mhz works flawless on my device. Overall app speeds are faster. The big thing I noticed is scrolling up and down and page to page in the launcher, very responsive. This patch also reduced lag within the app catalog for me(scrolling). Battery life on a whole seems to be the same, I dont see an increase in consumption. Overall the 720mhz seems the most stable (to my device) and very fast. Browser and Messaging open up the fastest for me. I've also seen an improvement with universal search, by that I mean, the phone seems to be able to sort out what you are looking for alot faster than the stock kernel.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Ok I can monitor the battery consumption and temperature how can I record the "start up" time of each app though? Do I need a stop clock or is there another tool to do so? Or can I do that with the battery monitor?

Thanks again
    Vas
    Yes you would need a stop watch or you can use an online stop watch if you happen to be at the computer. Several web based stopwatches available.