Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    This is awesome! Apps open so much faster now. I helped my dad do this and he is really impressed.
    I just installed this and WOW, now I can't wait for the 800 patch! This has definitely improved app loading times and my calendar is more responsive....phone app snaps open, too! Thank you!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Do you guys know when you will have 720 and 800mhz for 1.4?
    I'd be happy to help test the 720/800 on 1.4 if you need any further testers.
    When I download the patch i try to save it to my desktop but i dont know what file to open the patch up with. I send the file to /var/home/root and then enter the sh /var/root/home/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh install - it then tells me it cannot open the file. Any assistance would be outstanding.
    Going to give it another try thank you.
    Still the same error. When i download the patch it makes me save the patch using explorer. I dont see the click the .txt. file option????
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    Still the same error. When i download the patch it makes me save the patch using explorer. I dont see the click the .txt. file option????
    You can always right click and save as..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    installed the 600mhz yesterday. No problems. I really like the improvement seen while multitasking: like streaming music and browsing the web at the same time. Phone stays smoother... I used to run the 600mhz scaling and the voltage scaling one. They were not stable with my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    You can always right click and save as..
    When I try to save the patch to my comp it keeps launching IE browser??
    you need to change your download settings in your web browser ,it sounds like to me . open tools then options and look for ,download files too , and choose the desktop then try to downlad the file again.

if it worked let us know please !!
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 03/16/2010 at 05:45 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you need to change your download settings in your web browser ,it sounds like to me . open tools then options and look for ,download files too , and choose the desktop then try to downlad the file again.
    I know i am an *****. But I cannot find "download to" I have a feeling that is my problem.
    what operating system are you using ??? windows what ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just installed the 600 patch on a Pre running the 1.4 O2 UK firmware. All seems good. Many thanks I'm gonna ask two maybe obvious questions...
    What tools do you use to
    1) measure temperature?
    2) measure performance in terms of speed to run apps?

Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to the 800 patch.
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what operating system are you using ??? windows what ??
    Yes sir Windows XP.
    I know i am an *****. But I cannot find "download to" I have a feeling that is my problem.
    try going to mozilla firefox web site and downloading and using that web browser its much easier to use and better on you as well lol you have more control than IE
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I got it to work went thru the whole process with my final step being cat/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq After that restart my phone and I have the 600 installed?
    Nevermind figured it out. Thank you for all your help guys.
    Nevermind figured it out. Thank you for all your help guys.
    glad you got it working lol , i would still download firefox and use that web browser it just much more user friendly !! well in my opinion lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Any news as to when the 550 and 600 MHz patches will be available on Preware?