Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Sorry for just another boring "me too" post. But I just installed the 600mhz script using WOSQI. Smooth sailing and a noticeably faster phone. So, basically...

Me too.
    @themightyant

if you tried it(800 patch) for just 1 min. you would never want to go back to that wimpy 600 patch and would cry if you were made to go back to that wimpy 600 patch ... ha ha ha i promise !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    caj, just wanted to say i'm glad you're back into this thing. It's hard to stay away isn't it? I hope your new pre is treatin you well
    Nice, just installed the 600MHz...let's see how it goes
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    installed via instructions for quick install and no problems.
    barely used phone for 5 minutes and already see difference.

thanks caj!
    installed and enjoying. i really appreciate the time you and unixpsycho have spent on this. the first improvement i notice is that the Photos app loads thumbnails more quickly. Right now, I have 9 cards open (one is playing music), and the phone is still very snappy. Most of these are not RAM-intensive apps, though. I usually have only one or two cards open when I'm using the phone, so it's hard for me to imagine a scenario where I would need this many open simultaneously. props to Palm, as well, for the OS.

i can't wait for the 800Mhz patch to be 1.4 ready in Preware.

keep it up, and ignore the trolls!
    Last edited by discolightning; 03/15/2010 at 10:10 PM.
    Hey guys, I was wondering. Is the 720/800 MHz Patch for the Sprint Palm Pre or GSM?
    Is it stable and will it last long?
    Is it going to be normal at 600 MHz then when it loads something it boosts up to 720/800?
    Please Let me know. I am new to these things. Thanks!
    Coupled with the speed improvements in 1.4, this patch has undoubtedly speed up webOS greatly. I've noticed NO issues or instability and would recommend this wholeheartedly to anyone on the fence

Loving the momentum with webOS lately...
    Wow! Thanks! This worked and is for sure snappier.. Very simple instructions!
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Just installed the 600MHz patch using the instructions on my Pre with 1.4. The instructions - with the images - were simple enough to understand and follow. And everything wseems to be working well after installation. Thank you, guys!
    Thank you very much! I find the phone to be much more responsive now! Your patch was great and the tutorial was easy to follow for a noob with no linux experience.

YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    I agree with PRE_LUVER. I have no idea about Linux and the tutorial was very easy to follow. The Pre is a lot snappier and does a great job.
    I have one question, is it possible to change the color of the gray dropdown from the top right status bar and stuff?

It seems it would be better having a completely black Theme so that way your Pre would run a little bit smoother.

Is there any way to change this?

Thanks again.
    My installation fails with the following messages:

root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh install
    Installing...
    Patching Luna...sed: write error
    FAILED!
    It is a GSM Pre with 1.4.0. What to do?
    I loved both the 720 and 800 patches. Very sleak, no issues, super easy to install. Wasnt really concerned about battery life since I have charger at work and car.
    1) I have an Airave installed at home, 2) Webpage rendering was not done using wifi, 3) Testing was done the day after 1.4 was released (perhaps results were skewed for webpage renderings times). 4) Install was super easy thanks to great instructions. Used WOSQI command line. 5) I am not a big application user or hog. I have a few basic games (blackjack), and NHL scores, and accuweather. 6) I did notice a huge slowdown in the phone when I returned to 500mhz. I had never truly appreciated or noticed the speed increase when testing 720 until I slowed down to 500.

Thanks guys!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Installing the 600 right now on a Palm Pre Plus. Looking forward to the additional speed.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    This is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I dont think the file got in the correct directory. Follow the provided jpeg attachment pictorial step by step after putting your Pre in development mode with WOSQI up and running. I usually test WOSQI before I do any install at the commandline. Let me know if after you do this you continue to have a problem with the install. I am out of town at the moment but will monitor once in a while.
    I tried to go through the steps manually, and i think it fails because the disk is full, so I need to free up some space.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    AWESOME, can't wait to try out faster options. I cannot believe how stable it is. With my wife's Pre as a direct comparison, this bump in speed shaves a few seconds here and there for an overall improved experience.

Thanks guys
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    +1 on awesome for me - thanks clicked on the first thread.

Things are noticeably faster and I don't think it's a placebo thing. Battery doesn't seem to take much of a hit so far and stability seems fine. No heat issues, all apps seem to run fine, etc.

I wonder why palm underclocks it - probably battery / stability. Perhaps 600mhz was the target for the platform and then they lowered the speed to 500mhz to stabilize production - that would account for the mild wonkiness of the user experience for some.

Just thinking out loud. Anyway - thanks for the great work. This is sweet.
    wow how do fill a disk that's not even there ? You mean disk on your computer?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->