Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i just got around to trying the 600 patch it says the file transfered but when i type in the install command. it says the file cant be opened. what does this mean?
    here we are

Nice nice nice! <3 the 800 mhz i need it for 1.4!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here are my results, sorry i just read the email today to post em here
    3,2, 1 BIG POST. Here are my results and comments...

My Setup

Sprint 1.3.5.1, full erase/doctored back to stock about a week ago

About 50 installed packages... 30 patches or so, 20 apps. I have the following packages installed:

com.airkrft.tunein
    com.aol.engadget
    com.davehayes.sabnzbpre
    com.davidbrenner.preddit
    com.gameloft.app.earthwormjim
    com.hiddenworldhut.gladthatsnotme
    com.kevinforeman.powernap
    com.littlestick.classicnote
    com.mojojungle.comics
    com.motionapps.app.classic
    com.namco.brainexercise
    com.newnessdevelopments.maillists
    com.palm.app.brightnessunlinked
    com.palm.app.com.pfountz.nodoze
    com.palm.app.facebook
    com.palm.futurepr0n.batterymonitor
    com.palm.pandora
    com.pivotallabs.tweed.us
    com.superinhuman.badkitty
    com.themxweb.precentral
    com.weather.palm
    net.aonic.my-tether
    org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification
    org.webosinternals.ipkgservice
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-show-download-count
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-gesture-tap-for-info-and-delete
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-amazon-mp3-app
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nascar-app
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nfl-app
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-gestureclick-context-menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-improved-filename-format
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-character-counter
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-vibrate-to-one-and-a-half-seconds
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-clean
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-100-more-autoreplace-words
    org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-just-charge-by-default
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-enable-led-notifications
    org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-really-silent-ringer-switch-mute
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd-period-as-delimiter
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix
    org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-sms-icon-for-mobile-tagged-numbers-only
    org.webosinternals.preware
    ws.junk.wirc

For apps running, gmail set to push, tweed every hour, deal alert every 6 hours.

Odd Issues:

During bootup, several times I have seen a message pop up for a split second about three quarters of the way through. I think it's the "reset required for config to take effect" blurb, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, during one startup (immediately after 800 install) I had no upper carrier/time/signal/bat bar. Rebooted, and it was gone.

Basic Observations

Biggest improvement. Similar to 600 OCs, universal search just screams. SDK Install also had a massive difference. Seems like most of the app boot times shaved 30-40 percent, save to the PDK apps that type:game throw into the 600mhz turbo mode (looking to try the new build that gets around that ).

Data

I did every test at least twice... I figure with the human error of clicking the app (which I launched all my apps via universal search to try and minimize that error) there was no reason to track milliseconds. If the two tests deviated greatly, I did a third and took the average of all three.

Conclusion

Grrrreat work so far. I can't believe how little it affects the idle DPH, as well as the idle temperature. I actually went back to 1.3.5.1 after a couple days with 1.4 because I couldnt handle losing the speeeeeeed.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    My results below.

Let me tell you that I was impressed at how stable the Pre was during the testing. I did not experience a single hiccup with my hardware (built in Sep 09). I would occasionally get a slight lag when launching a PDK app, but I cannot confirm that is the cause of the upclock.

Battery drain is slightly higher, which was my concentration during testing. But not too much so. Just a bit (in some cases, quite a bit when looking at the per-app drain). But the performance gains are definitely worth it. I would rather surround myself with touchstones than drop back down to 500.

Last edited by r3ferrei; 03/12/2010 at 01:29 PM.
    any chance that this gets released this weekend?
    doesnt look like it.
    Live free or DIE!
    its ok guys . i had settled on not getting this patch until after 1.4 anyways and to just know that you guys are working on this. is just plain awesome . i can wait as long as it takes for you to make sure its right . thanks again and i couldnt say that enough ,but thanks !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Don't worry your battery percentages are within error bars
    Yea, about that...

You do realize that the Battery Monitor essentially measures ticks. So if you start the Battery Monitor right before it drops from 95% to 94%... your drain rate can be ~30.0%/hr. But if you wait until immediately after the tick to 94%.... the DPH can drop all the way to ~0.30%/hr!!!

If you want to get accurate information from the users, you've gotta ask them to wait until they see a tick AND end as soon as they see a tick. Essentially, they'd need to wait to start or stop the Battery Monitor if they don't see a tick.

Even better would be contacting the Battery Monitor dev to ONLY calculate between ticks... not just overall ticks / overall time. Should be (# ticks - 1) / (time between first tick & last tick).
    Last edited by grndslm; 03/12/2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: slight correction
    My data...genreal observations below...

The Phone app scene transitions are noticeably smoother @ 800MHz but not as much @ 720MHz.
    Opening the Msg app chatview for incoming msgs still slightly laggy @ 720MHz but not @ 800MHz.
    Propogated browser windows hesitate just a bit to open @ 720MHz but not @ 800MHz
    With 800MHz, I can open one app right after another without any hanging.

Thank you Marco, Jeff, and everybody involved for your time and effort!
    heres my results... man i miss 800 mhz. Its just like when you get a new computer... you open it up and don't think much about it.. then you use your old computer again and think, "holy crap my new computer is soo much faster".

really glad to hear that caj wasn't able to stay away for too long, and excited that marco is keepin up his work.

on a side note, I really wish it was easier to add an attachment to a post
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    heres my results... man i miss 800 mhz. Its just like when you get a new computer... you open it up and don't think much about it.. then you use your old computer again and think, "holy crap my new computer is soo much faster".

really glad to hear that caj wasn't able to stay away for too long, and excited that marco is keepin up his work.

on a side note, I really wish it was easier to add an attachment to a post
    Upload to photobucket then post the direct link...couldnt be much easier than that..

Also the direct link will be full size as was requested anyway!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i dont use photobucket but i will send it to one of yall to upload it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    So, if it says 600,000 It means it is at 600 MHz? Please answer me =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazer777 View Post
    So, if it says 600,000 It means it is at 600 MHz? Please answer me =)
    Yes
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
    thanks! I appreciate it!
    which os version does this work on? 1.4?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

3) Use WebOS Quick Install Tools - Send File to send the file to /var/home/root

i sent the wrong file using webos qi, how do i go about removing the file? can someone please explain it to me as simple as possible? tia
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    3) Use WebOS Quick Install Tools - Send File to send the file to /var/home/root

i sent the wrong file using webos qi, how do i go about removing the file? can someone please explain it to me as simple as possible? tia
    it should go away if you didnt send the right one and install it . but when the repair utility comes out later on today . you could just run that utility on your phone and it will remove any unwanted files in your phone !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    thanks for the fast response, btw what repair utility? can you point me to a thread that i can read more about this? thanks again.