Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Here is mine.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Amistak, was the phone usage about the same when you tested? High jump...
    Last edited by jason2851; 03/12/2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Preware or WOSQI with AUPT-3 is simply the safest install method there is and I wanted to eliminate the install method as a variable. Yesterday I had an incredibly fascinating discussion with Eric G. who taught me AUPT-3 basics (via your help) which were really impressive. Marco and I were simply too excited to get this thing off the ground. We will proceed with caution, want and will listen to your valuable input in the process.
    The custom feed support in Preware and WOSQI is the most appropriate vehicle for taking the step from closed alpha testing to public beta testing.

I do trust the users will read the guidelines for a safe experience and if they don't, the software will no longer be freeware.
    Your trust is misplaced. No matter how perfectly the people in this particular thread will read the instructions (and even that has not been 100% perfect), you can be sure that 80% of the people coming across an 800MHz patch in default Preware feeds will install it first, and only read instructions if something goes wrong. This is not a reflection on the instructions, or the people creating the instructions, it's just the simple fact of human behaviour. Any deployment needs to take that into account, and be 100% foolproof under all circumstances (not just the circumstances where someone takes the time to read and follow a perfect set of instructions).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Getting error!

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/600_MHzOSIndependentpatch.sh install
      sh: can't open /var/home/root/600_MHzOSIndependentpatch.sh
    root@palm-webos-device:

Help please
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Getting error!

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:

Help please
    the file name on the first post, and the command to install dont match. change the command to fit, and you will be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Getting error!

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:

Help please
    You will get an error.

Caj- Can you fix the instructions? They currently read:

Alternatively write "sh /var/home/root/600_MHzOSIndependentpatch.sh install" to download 600 Mhz Patch

They should read:

Alternatively write "sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh install" to download 600 Mhz Patch
    Last edited by foosball; 03/12/2010 at 12:15 AM.
    Thanks guys....I should have caught that,I must be more tired than I thought
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I was in on the alpha, unfortunetely i had to go to a class for work for 2 weeks so i didnt even get a chance to test. Im just now getting settled back in and cant wait to test out the new kernal you guys are cooking up. keep up the hard work
    Jeff & Marco: It's great to hear you're having success making these patches 1.4 compliant. Best of luck to you both
    I loved the first set, really made the pre feel like it should! Cant wait for the new ones.
    good morning jeff ! you should really sleep more often lol sorry just messin
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Here are my results
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (187.0 KB, 21 views)
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Here mine.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Here are my results. Thanks again to Jeff and Marco for allowing me to participate!

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I haven't tried any (don't have any) 3D games. Any suggestions for one to try when comparing the different frequencies?

Have I overlooked (maybe even in another thread) comparison data for the 500, 550, and 600 MHz frequencies?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    There is a free demo of Asphalt 5 in the app store but it only last for a couple of minutes.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Is there a chance of doing this with a pixi?
    I think that those ones need this, or is the smaller processor already overclocked?
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Havent gotten there yet...well look into it
    Some of my friends have it, there is so much of a difference with the omap processor
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Love to get ahold of this