Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Hey Caj, I installed 600mhz awhile back and now updated to 1.4. Do I need to uninstall? And is it still installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    Hey Caj, I installed 600mhz awhile back and now updated to 1.4. Do I need to uninstall? And is it still installed?
    How did the update to 1.4 go, considering that you didn't remove the 600 patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    Here's how you can check if it's still installed. Let us know which one has more ticks!!

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

HINT: type a few letters, like "/sys/dev" and then hit Sym + I and it'll auto-fill the rest of that folder's name -- "devices/". Hit Sym+I twice more after that... and you'll get ALL the available folders/files in the devices/ folder, since they can't be auto-filled until you give it a couple more characters.
    the update was smooth except my phone kept freezing up more than previously. but its back to normal now. I ran the test to check the ticks, looks like its back at 500MHz.

root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    600000 0
    550000 4232
    500000 750491
    250000 0
    125000 0
    root@palm-webos-device:

Now the question is should i patch it again?
    which method did you use?

you used the patch?
    well im having to doctor to get back to 1.3.5.1 in order to finalize my test lol i didnt think it would update on its own over night but well it did ha ha so i will be finishing up mine today sometime lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I upgraded to 1.4 right over that 600mhz patch and didn't have any problems. The installation process apparently removes the patch, see:

root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    600000 0
    550000 968
    500000 168132
    250000 0
    125000 0

I would love to get that patch back (especially in a patch form since thats the easiest to install) and would also happily go up to your 720mhz overclock if / when its released.

I did not have any of the stabilization issues nyczwillz mentioned, as my pre has never crashed. (running around 35patches, 18 added applications).

If / When either of these are released, please please let me know its so hard going back to stock once youve experienced something better.
    Yeah, 'cause I tried to update it like an ***** before coming to this thread and now my phone won't turn on. -_-;;
    caj2008 bricked pre procedures http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html This worked wonders for me. I felt like I had a factory Pre again and installed a patch with no problems that I was struggling with before.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    My first signature post has evrything you need to safely go back to 1.3.5.1

QUOTE=Shadavis08;2258510]well im having to doctor to get back to 1.3.5.1 in order to finalize my test lol i didnt think it would update on its own over night but well it did ha ha so i will be finishing up mine today sometime lol
    [/QUOTE]
    thanks caj2008 but I already was 500mhz just wasn't finished testing with it lol I just doctored back to 1.3.5.1 is all kind of a pain . Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    caj, will be emailing you my final test in about 10 minutes, thank you.
    I should be done with mine shortly... just playing the waiting game for the tests to finish running
    Can you confirm you received my results?
    For those that are curious on installing my OC kernel with 1.4... DON'T DO IT!

I spent a little while with it and things just dont work right.

* Sometimes it boots fast and things "seem" to work ok. Painfully fast. Until you go to use a data connection. HOSED. as reported by another user also.

* Other times it takes an hour to boot and heats up. the Java process is hogging the CPU doing something that never ends. Although the data connection works its painfully slow and makes a good space heater.

So if you want 800Mhz speed and stability then stay with 1.3.5.x and install the update manager patch so you wont get forced to install webOS 1.4.

Until Palm releases the webOS 1.4 kernel sources I cannot build a custom kernel for 1.4. So dont ask! Unless you have an *in* at Palm and can get the kernel sources faster, we are in a holding pattern over Logan Airport.
    Live free or DIE!
    will the 600mhz patch work with 1.4 I was one of the alpha testers and that 800mhz was something that was too good to be true but I want the the features that 1.4 has and the speed so can you confirm 600mhz working?
    Is that the same for the 720mhz as well?
    Yes. the 720 and 800Mhz kernels are br0k3n for webOS 1.4. Soon as Palm releases the sources I will get it working.

my older 600Mhz Luna patch does work. although you have to reboot the phone instead of just killing LunaSysMgr. We'll have to rework the install instructions to n00bs.

There are some claims in other threads that 1.4 makes 600Mhz default, WRONG. Still defaults to 500Mhz with 600Mhz for games.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Yes. the 720 and 800Mhz kernels are br0k3n for webOS 1.4. Soon as Palm releases the sources I will get it working.

my older 600Mhz Luna patch does work. although you have to reboot the phone instead of just killing LunaSysMgr. We'll have to rework the install instructions to n00bs.

There are some claims in other threads that 1.4 makes 600Mhz default, WRONG. Still defaults to 500Mhz with 600Mhz for games.
    I updated to 1.4 last night and the only thing I'm missing is it running at 600Mhz like I had it for 1.3.5 if it's working with the small exception that the phone needs a full reboot is there any chance of the patch becoming available again soon?
    i have the luna600patch.sh file that was available here before the update. will this work with the 1.4 update? thanks
    I just restored the links to the 550 and 600Mhz Luna patches.

Just make sure to reboot the phone or pkill -9 LunaSysMgr. i suppose you can use upstart as well. But a reboot is thorough enough for n00bs.

Yes it works with 1.4.

enjoy.
    Live free or DIE!