Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    can I start flaming now even though I have no need to flame? I mean just to get you preped for the onslaught thats to come shortly lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    when does phase 2 start?
    wait till 6pm EST to start flaming... cuz i'll be half way in the tank by then.
    Live free or DIE!
    I've been running at 600Mhz for a while now and I just removed it in anticipation of the update... You really don't know what you've got until it's gone I can only imagine how the alpha testers will feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Keep me informed...
    caj2008,

One of the main things I want to know is about stability of this patch. Will you be doing a few weeks of testing to see if there's any weird freezes or restarts? Will you be doing testing on battery life (and not just whether it seems to last about as lone but real tests - for example running Pandora from 100% down to 5% or so)? Also, will you post the results of all the alpha testing in a graph for the rest of us? Thanks!
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    You can sed in place instead, to reduce some complexity and overhead:
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cp -a /etc/LunaSysMgr /etc/LunaSysMgr.orig
    sed -i "s/500000/600000/g" /etc/LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    It'd be nice if Luna just used an on-demand governor instead of fixing it just below the full speed of the available processor.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    caj2008,

One of the main things I want to know is about stability of this patch. Will you be doing a few weeks of testing to see if there's any weird freezes or restarts? Will you be doing testing on battery life (and not just whether it seems to last about as lone but real tests - for example running Pandora from 100% down to 5% or so)? Also, will you post the results of all the alpha testing in a graph for the rest of us? Thanks!
    What's to be unstable?

Look at the files in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq on the device. You'll see that cpuinfo_max_freq (before the patch) is 600MHz. All this does is set the userspace governor to that value instead of throttling to 500MHz, which LunaSysMgr apparently does by default.

Unless you are constantly doing CPU intensive tasks, this won't cause any problem whatsoever.

We aren't overclocking here. We're telling the OS to not scale the CPU *DOWN*.

I'd be interested in knowing of a way to change scaling_governor to 'ondemand' such that LunaSysMgr doesn't override it. Then you get your throttling, but it opens up as needed.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    What's to be unstable?

Look at the files in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq on the device. You'll see that cpuinfo_max_freq (before the patch) is 600MHz. All this does is set the userspace governor to that value instead of throttling to 500MHz, which LunaSysMgr apparently does by default.

Unless you are constantly doing CPU intensive tasks, this won't cause any problem whatsoever.

We aren't overclocking here. We're telling the OS to not scale the CPU *DOWN*.
    I think he was referring to the stability of the 720mhz and 800mhz patches that are currently on trial in a closed-beta
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    What's to be unstable?

I'd be interested in knowing of a way to change scaling_governor to 'ondemand' such that LunaSysMgr doesn't override it. Then you get your throttling, but it opens up as needed.
    You can do this with the stock kernel by setting the kernel to use "ondemand", then LunaSysMgr wont set a static speed. The stock kernel is set to "userspace" by default.

There are numerous patches on the forum that does this, nothing new here.

Most of us on this thread have moved on to overclocking past 600Mhz.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    You can do this with the stock kernel by setting the kernel to use "ondemand", then LunaSysMgr wont set a static speed. The stock kernel is set to "userspace" by default.

There are numerous patches on the forum that does this, nothing new here.

Most of us on this thread have moved on to overclocking past 600Mhz.
    Yeah, I'm slow (pun not intended?)
    I just did a speed test at mobile speed .com and it blew it out , lol very fast
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    My flame.....

My testing protocol is the most thorough ever in forum history. Anyone found directly not following protocol will be removed from.the testing permanently
    Thanks for the reply, and I apologize but I don't understand what you mean by "My flame..."
    Caj
    Can you confirm that you got my results?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Thanks for the reply, and I apologize but I don't understand what you mean by "My flame..."
    he's saying he's ocd and very strict about how he's doing this testing . That's all he's saying when he says flame lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Just checking -- is
    sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh uninstall
    all we need to do to uninstall? I did it and it is running at 500 again; is there anything else I need to do?
    Laissez Faire
    nope.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 02/26/2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: ooops
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Just checking -- is
    sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh uninstall
    all we need to do to uninstall? I did it and it is running at 500 again; is there anything else I need to do?
    that's it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I predict that 90% of the people who are over clocking have not read the warnings to remove before updating.

I predict the bricking will begin in about 8-10 hours.
    There won't be any bricking. The worst that can happen is they will need to do a volume-up doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Are you working on getting the 800 to work on 1.4 now?