Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 22 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 647
  1. #221  
    So you want us to test a few apps with the battery monitor at 10 min intervals and 20 min intervals over a 60 min time frame?
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Test every 10 min up to 60 min (record all data) under identical conditions except frequency of cpu. Make sure cpu is equilibrated first.
    wow, what a word to use!

    I better add to the patch to counter that!
    Live free or DIE!
  3. #223  
    I would like to counter that with:
    Make sure user is inebriated first
    Mmmmmmmmmm, forbidden donut.....
  4. #224  
    I have to say thank you so much to caj2008 and everyone that helped work on this. I was there when cpuscaling and smartreflex were first "discovered." I overclocked manually, then tried cpuscaling, then smartreflex, and finally the cpuspeed scripts. And although some methods kinda worked, they were never really that stable and always eventually caused issues.

    It is awesome to finally have a method to "overclock" and have a stable Pre that runs sooo much better; and to possibly be able to clock up to 800Mhz?!?! AMAZING!

    So, thanx again to everyone that has made this possible!
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Thank Marco (unixpsycho) my partner in crime (dangerous cpu enhancer). I have a place a few pages back where I would appreciate you giving him a thanks on the thanks button.
    Gladly done
  6. #226  
    *See post below*
    Last edited by SqyArc; 02/24/2010 at 05:13 PM.
  7. #227  
    *See post below*
    Last edited by SqyArc; 02/24/2010 at 05:13 PM.
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Pease provide build date as well
    What do you mean by build date?
    Something we can find within the phone, or the date you made the testing?
  9. #229  
    dial ##786

    It should list dates about build date or reconditioned date.
    Live free or DIE!
  10. #230  
    Unixpsycho of curiosity: How is that you are working your Pre 800MHz? Is it the same patch we have in the Alfa Group? If so, then why test it yourself if you are going great? Thanks and I hope my questions do not inconvenience you.
  11. #231  
    I noticed in the Device Status column there's only one Temp and Drain per hour row, don't we need to do that 3 times?
    One for each frequency?
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I noticed in the Device Status column there's only one Temp and Drain per hour row, don't we need to do that 3 times?
    One for each frequency?
    You're absolutely right, sorry my brain wasn't working. I will upload a fix up soon.
  13. #233  
    *See post below*
    Last edited by SqyArc; 02/25/2010 at 01:02 AM.
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by despinova View Post
    Unixpsycho of curiosity: How is that you are working your Pre 800MHz? Is it the same patch we have in the Alfa Group? If so, then why test it yourself if you are going great? Thanks and I hope my questions do not inconvenience you.
    If I create something then I will melt my Pre long before anyone else has a chance to. You guys are testing what is considered a "stable" patch, if there is such a thing for over-clocking.

    I have been running overclocked for a while now and caj2008 has been trying real hard to find every bug. We are going out of our way to make sure all goes well by the users.
    Live free or DIE!
  15. #235  
    Okay, I'm now experiencing a bug.
    When I install the 720 patch, I restart luna, then I checked to see if it was the right frequency and it says 600000
    Any idea?
    I installed 720 from 500, so that shouldn't be the problem
    It's like the 600 patch override the 720 somehow.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Okay, I'm now experiencing a bug.
    When I install the 720 patch, I restart luna, then I checked to see if it was the right frequency and it says 600000
    Any idea?
    I installed 720 from 500, so that shouldn't be the problem
    It's like the 600 patch override the 720 somehow.
    In the directions in mentions restart Luna *and* restart the phone.
    Live free or DIE!
  17. #237  
    Ah, my bad.
    Restarted and it's fine.
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    If I create something then I will melt my Pre long before anyone else has a chance to. You guys are testing what is considered a "stable" patch, if there is such a thing for over-clocking.

    I have been running overclocked for a while now and caj2008 has been trying real hard to find every bug. We are going out of our way to make sure all goes well by the users.
    Thanks for answering my question and for the hard work of both.
  19. #239  
    *See post below*
    Last edited by SqyArc; 02/25/2010 at 12:28 AM.
  20. #240  
    caj2008.........great work ...
    sorry to bother you with a stupid question...........how would i know if my pre has the old cpu (the 500 or the 600 cpu)
    is there a way?
    and are there any major difference between these 2 cpu (meaning are the older cpu taping out at a lower frequency than the 600?)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions