Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Are those two tests redundant?
    Guess it depends on how deep they go.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Like the car picture...coming from UC Berkeley, shouldn't it be a bicycle or a BART picture?
    HEY! I grew up in the PRC (People's Republic of Cambridge, MA). Everyone rides a bike! Bikes have the right of way!
    Live free or DIE!
    OK, you guys are getting waaaaay too "friendly"
    Mmmmmmmmmm, forbidden donut.....
    Just installed the 600Mhz. Quick,easy and painless..and straight after the Luna restart; things are MUCH snappier. 10/10 no problems i can see.

Huge thanks and good luck with the 800Mhz.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Just went through this ENTIRE thread before installing patch. Patch install time = 2 minutes. Reading the thread... LOL

Thanks to all who worked on this, including the posts that just relayed good and bad experiences. That helps when deciding whether or not to use the patch.

I see no difficulties thus far - thanks, again!
    wow.....800mgz.............from 500mgz
    how long will the beta testing be? (and what kinda test are done to the pre?)
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I was talking about he should have received the info for WebOS 1.4.4 from my PM. I am tired and will take a nap after work.

...the ball's gone through Buckners legs...the Mets win for the last time ever!!
    <-- Red Sox fan ...good thing I was only 1 when that happened

Also, I have been using the 600mhz patch for a few days now and the phone is noticeably snappier, and battery life has improved as far as I can tell.

But (there's always a 'but' lol) I was in the middle of responding to a text when the phone restarted itself. I am not sure if this is related to this patch or not, but it hasn't ever done that before. It was up and running fine about 30 seconds later so its not a huge deal for me though.

Thanks again for all the work you guys have put in on this
    Last edited by bpoirier1; 02/23/2010 at 05:43 PM.
    VBA emulator runs about 10-15% faster with this patch, thanks for the find! hopefully we'll be up to 100% soon!
    Everytime I disconnect my phone from the charger WHILE the screen is off, the screen turns back on again and freezes. I press the power button and it goes to the lock screen. When the screen is in that "frozen state", the phone believes the screen is off; this is proven cause the LED pulsates during the "frozen" screen. Could this be cause by this patch?
    False alarm! The problem I'm having is due to a Mode Switcher patch, not your overclocking patch. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by brlukosk View Post
    I am having the same problem. Im going to reboot and try updating the network settings to make sure its not the patch.
    A reboot and a network settings update seems to have fixed this issue.
    is there a way I can tell if mine is reset without using a computer ? I'm at work and using my phone currently.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    what do I type in the terminal app ? I'm ready lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    didn't see anything about using terminal app in the email I've always used quick installer never .terminal app
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    everythin is in the doc file...

both instructions for QI and command script for terminal
    just use the same script for quick installer and terminal app right?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

HINT: type a few letters, like "/sys/dev" and then hit Sym + I and it'll auto-fill the rest of that folder's name -- "devices/". Hit Sym+I twice more after that... and you'll get ALL the available folders/files in the devices/ folder, since they can't be auto-filled until you give it a couple more characters.
    You should move this to the other thread Jeff
    The Alpha testing one for the 720 and 800
    Last edited by Demlor; 02/24/2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Oh I see.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    thanks, that was shockingly easy. pre seems snappy at 600mhz