1.    #1  
    When I first got my Pre, I was able to use iTunes with it. I uploaded music and had no problems. But now, when I try to do the media sync, my Pre does not even show up on iTunes! After 15 seconds the music note icons disappear from the Pre screen. Has anybody had this problem? What do I do? Should I use another music player?
    Right, itunes broke the Pre's ability to sync about 4-5 months ago. Either roll the itunes back to version 9.0.1 or move on to one of the music players that have been recommended in the forums.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I bought Salling Media Sync....even supports Playlists.
    DoubleTwist is working well for me and seems to mimic iTunes interface closely enough that I don't have to learn yet another way to do things.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you for letting me know what is going on and giving me some alternatives.
    Here is a link to download older versions of iTunes. Just be sure to never upgrade iTunes past v9.0.1 - deny the update everytime you open iTunes.

Sorry Mac users, but i believe these versions are only for PC

oldapps dot kom slash itunes dot php
    Im not sure if theres higher versions working for mac users, but I recently went from Itunes 7.x to 8.2 (I rarely move up because of things breaking like this situation) and my Pre works fine with it. A simple google search will find 8.2 as for some reason I could not find it on apple.ca or apple.com
    9.0.1 is the last version of itunes that worked with my Pre. I'm still using that version and my Pre still syncs my mp3's (with album art) and my movies w/o issue.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    is sailing media sync compatible with "Smart Playlists" from iTunes? i've seen a lot of recommendations for DoubleTwist for mac users in the forums, but there is one very important aspect that it is not compatible with: Smart Playlist.

sure, you can spend the time and try to recreate all of iTunes' Smart Playlists in DoubleTwist, but for some of us that is a lot of playlists to be recreating, not to mention that the criteria selection/choices for creating Smart Playlists in DoubleTwist is not the same as in iTunes. it is possible to export iTunes' Smart Playlist as an .xml file, but i haven't figured out a way to import that into DoubleTwist either.

i'm hoping that i can still just use iTunes to do the Smart Playlist management, tagging, etc, and sync with my iPod, then use Sailing Media Sync to pull over the changes and sync with my Pre. has anyone been successful with this workflow? thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    9.0.1 is the last version of itunes that worked with my Pre. I'm still using that version and my Pre still syncs my mp3's (with album art) and my movies w/o issue.
    Where does iTunes store the songs on the Pre. I want to move the songs I previously sync'd from iTunes to new Pre

Thx