Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For some reason my launcher pages (and the little hash marks) have gone missing after a recent battery drain shutdown. Resets aren't getting them back. I can't get to anything but the main Launcher page now. Other than the Pre mysteriously freezing (usually the screen locks up for 10 seconds) it's working ok. Anyone have this issue? Thanks
    can you find the apps on the missing pages via universal search
  3.    #3  
    Actually, yes. I didn't think of that. At least I can work with things
    run the repair utility on it and see if that fixes it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    Well at least the thanks button isn't hidden By repair you mean the WebOS doctor thing? Now I have icons stacked on top of each other, sigh...
    Might try loading the patch that allows you to add launcher pages.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Might try loading the patch that allows you to add launcher pages.
    I will try this, but a complete wipe didn't work. I still only see the main launcher page, and now I can't even type "A-P" to bring up any searches It's dead, Jim.
  8.    #8  
    Addendum, I tried the wipe another time. Still nothing.
  9.    #9  
    OK Third time: The hash marks are there, but they just move across to the other side of the page, the page itself doesn't move, LOL.

Question, is there any way to do a COMPLETE wipe? I mean EVERYTHING, including my apps, without making a new Palm Profile? I do not know if this would fix it, but since they are what I added, they are what I want to blame first.
  10.    #10  
    Ok after I did this, all my apps started coming back. I guess it took a while, and I was moving because the list kept showing failed but they finally finished. After it finished, things were fine. Now today I set up my email. I did a reset and the pages came back but only for a while. I tried the patch to add pages and they are still there even with the defaults missing again! 1.4 is here soon. I can wait till Monday I could copy all my icons over to the new pages, lol. Maybe it's a vZw thing. I have 1.3 Gigabytes used...maybe I have too many apps?
    I have had a problem with the very last page going missing about 8-10 times now. Usually rebooting the Pre has it show up again, but a few times I've had to reboot more than once to get it to show. Not sure why it happens or if doing the search would find the missing apps. Annoying though!
  12.    #12  
    Yes...repeated resets has it back. I won't even let the machine die from battery either
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have the same problem quite alot, always caused by a phone restart or even a luna restart. I thought it all started after I installed the advanced launcher app. I usually have to run the emergency reconstruction utility to get them back. Rather annoying. I hope the 1.4 update will help, prob not though. Really don't want to erase any of it, way too many homebrew apps to reinstall.
    Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one with the disappearing apps and launcher pages. The "List Apps" shows that everything is there, it's just not displayed! It usually happens after a reset (can't be helped on some of the app or patches updates) and multiple resets are about the only thing that corrects it. I'm getting pretty tired of the Pre being so buggy.

I am thankful for the patches created, it makes the Pre slightly tolerable. However, if Sprint had the IPhone, I would use the wedge shape of the Pre as a doorstop!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    This happened to me today (or ratjer, I noticed it). Fri I had updated a slew of patches. Wondering if the Add Page patch update lost my alt pages...
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quick update: I removed a couple of apps and a patch (don't know if they were causing the problem, per se) and rebooted. When my Pre came back up, all of my icons reappeared.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I fully reset my phone, my patches were stuck still, ran webos doctor, it removed all patches finally. As soon as I installed my first patch, when the luna restarted, it was missing my last page. Maybe I have too many apps per page.
    This has happened to me several times. It's as if the pre is slowed down drastically by some process during startup, and the launcher app somehow times out at random points while loading. I often have to restart a couple of times before all the icons show up. Too many apps?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I was wondering the same thing, maybe too many per page.
    I don't think the problem for me is the number per page, but rather the total number. That's because most of the time I lose icons (a variable number of them) on the last launcher page. Occasionally, I get no launcher pages at all, but a luna restart seems to fix that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast