1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to display holidays on the calendar?
    You got a lot of responses there, didn't you? I'm looking for a holiday app, too, like I had on my Centro, one that doesn't involve Google, et al. An actual app.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Appbox has holidays in it through 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Appbox has holidays in it through 2012
    I didn't see in the description where it actually put the holidays in the calendar. There's countdowns.... (apparenlty a lot of people like to count down to holidays). Otherwise, it looks like an interesting app.

Which reminds me, do you know an app called Poynt? (I can start a thread) A friend with a BB showed it to me and it looks really cool.

BTW - nice picture!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    No, it won't add them to the Calendar. Poynt seems very similar to the WHERE app, try it if you haven't.

Thanks, that's me and my (now) 9 yr old son.
    Thanks. I'll take a look.

You can export them into your google calendar or just found this interesting link.

http://www.guidingtech.com/2329/add-...ogle-calendar/

Adding holidays is simple. Here are the steps.

1. Sign in to Google Calendar.

2. On the left pane, under “Other calendars” area, click on “Add” link given at the bottom. Now select “Browse Interesting Calendars from the menu”. In the screenshot below you can see I’ve already subscribed to calendars of some countries.
    I never knew that option was there.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/14/2010 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You can export them into your google calendar or just found this interesting link.

How to Add Public Holidays To Google Calendar

I never knew that option was there.
    Yeah, I've got that, and it works (at least up to the end of the year - I assume they'll update), but I was hoping for an actual on-board app.

Thanks!

I tried to use the holidays that are a feature of Google calendar, but there were just too many holidays that I didn't care about. Didn't seem to be an option for screening some out.
    I use the google calendar holidays and there are lots of useless ones but it gets the job done.
    I found another neat little trick if you use outlook. The instructions say for Outlook 2010 but it works for 2007 as well instead of file options it is Tools options, you could then export them out and import them into a google calendar if you are not using exchange.

Add National Holidays in Outlook 2010 Calendar

I was trying to find holidates for palm it had a .csv file that you could import all dates into the palm calendar.

I am attaching the file I exported from Outlook with the US Holidays.
    Attached Files Attached Files