Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I need a step by step process on how to add music onto my phone so I can use it to while working out. Anyone that can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it, thanks!
    The easiest way is to plug the phone into the computer, select USB Drive, and copy all the music files over into the Pre like any other flash/usb drive. Then it'll all appear in the Music App.

I'd encourage you to right click on the drive and select "Eject" when you're all done coping files.
    Connect your phone to PC through USB
    Select "USB Drive" on the phone
    Go to your computer and select the Pixi as a drive
    drag and drop the music into the music folder
    Last edited by lopezpm; 02/03/2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: alex beat me to it
  4.    #4  
    Well I guess the problem I am having is all of my music is in itunes, do I need to get it into a different folder before dragging it into the pre folder?

When I plugged in my phone and chose usb a box comes up that gives me the options to:

- play using windows media
    - copy pics to folder on computer
    - view slideshow of images
    - print pictures
    - play video folders
    - open folder to view files
    - take no action

I'm sorry, I'm usually not this dumb when it comes to electronics, but I need HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by brutonb28 View Post
    Well I guess the problem I am having is all of my music is in itunes, do I need to get it into a different folder before dragging it into the pre folder?

When I plugged in my phone and chose usb a box comes up that gives me the options to:

- play using windows media
    - copy pics to folder on computer
    - view slideshow of images
    - print pictures
    - play video folders
    - open folder to view files
    - take no action

I'm sorry, I'm usually not this dumb when it comes to electronics, but I need HELP!

click on take no action, so you can do it manually
  6.    #6  
    I think I figured it out ... THANK you so much!!
    you could also put your phone into media sync mode, and it'll sync with ur itunes
    I think I figured it out ... THANK you so much!!
    What did you end up doing?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    What did you end up doing?
    I found the itunes folder and just dragged my music into the pre folder. Just tested it, and it worked out!
    I have found getting the 9.0.1 version of Itunes is the easiest. Alot of people say Mediamonkey or doubletwist, but those programs are horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I have found getting the 9.0.1 version of Itunes is the easiest. Alot of people say Mediamonkey or doubletwist, but those programs are horrible.
    Agreed!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Alot of people say Mediamonkey or doubletwist, but those programs are horrible.
    Disagree. MediaMonkey is a wonderful program. It is extremely powerful for tagging music, adding album art, building playlists, finding (and deleting) duplicate songs, and many other things.

And best of all, it will sync playlist and album art to the Pre properly! After initial setup, to sync your Pre all you have to do is plug it in and click sync (or set it to auto-sync upon connection).

Here is a how-to guide: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...diamonkey.html
    I'm still using itunes 9.0.1 and it is still syncing like a champ!!
    I have the VZ PRE + and the older Itunes. Some of my songs would sync, others did not. The ones I bought on itunes recently worked, the older ones (06-09) didnt seem to work as a general rule. The artwork and songs appear, but when I "play" them there is no sound. What can I do?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    No offense to the OP, but whenever I hear this from a computer user, I want to delete all your music. Your music isn't "IN" iTunes....ugh, drives me nuts
    Well, his music technically is "encrypted in itunes bulljunk".

If your music is "in iTunes", you *can* copy over crappily named files, like TYDHASQD.mp4, DUWIGHOXJ.mp4, etc...

But the better question is, why would you want ALL of your music collection "in" a program like iTunes that locks you into using that very same app again???
    I just use usb, open files and drag into my pre.
    YES!!
    in iTunes, I just selected the music I wanted and then just drug it to the phone that was connected as USB drive. No searching through folders and all the album info and art came over too.
    Try Itunes 9.0.1. It works like a charm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast