Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i'm new to WebOS and trying to get the most out of it. (really jut trying to get change my text alerts to something i can actually hear)

been browsing the forums for a few days gaining knowledge, but i'm at a work stoppage.

Does the Verizon version not go in to developer mode? I tried both codes posted with absolutely no effect. it said when you push the last character it would go, but nothing. Is this Verizon or jsut me?

also, i downloaded Web OS Quick install and what said was the web os doctor for verizon, put them in the same folder but still get a message saying i need webos doctor. it gives me the option to get the non verizon versions but doesn't link. tried the non verizon versions too with the same result. my java appears to be up to date.

Any one have success with this?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    That's awkward, I just installed homebrew on my Verizon Palm Pre Plus, I used the Sprint option in Web OS Quick Install. The only issue I've run into is that right now my Preloader isn't finishing the load process... but I'm going to re-install it after class as people said that resolved the problem for them.

Anybody else having problems?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    sweet! it must be just me then! which code worked for you to get in to developer mode? (i understand you have to go in to dev mode to install the homebrew apps?)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    The upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart one

...that was from memory but I'm assuming you know the one I'm talking about.

...hey is your OS up to date?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    yeah, tried that one and the date one.
    it says, "your phone is up to date 1.3.5.1"
    I got my Pre Plus from fedex today. I just installed Preware through the WOSQI routine. Wasn't the easiest thing but now it's up and running and I've already started installing patches. So the answer is yes, you can install homebrew apps on a VZW Pre.
    HTH
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    NICE!
    ok, the software was just a java setting, so thats good.
    wordweaver, did you have to put it in developer mode first? if so, how did you do it? (i seem to be having issues with that one)
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    holy frijoles, it went into dev mode! i think that was just a bit of operator headspace and timing....thanks all!!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    does this message when attempting to upload homebrew apps make any sence?

An error occured, return value:28
    collected errors:
    only have 0 available blocks on filesystem /media/cryptofs/, pkg com.michaelpule.mynotofocation need 1 bad statfs

same for fcoaster
    holy cow, my fellow Pre Plus owners, I really want some Home Brew but don't understand how to do it! Please help this pre/computer rookie figure out this complicated download and execute system so I can get that better text alert download among other things...I hate that the phone barely alerts me when I get texts!
    I'm also confused about the webos Doctor. There doesn't seem to be any way to get the installer to use the verizon version that I downloaded from Verizon. It still wants to download the sprint version. is this not fixable, and is it also something I don't need to worry about?
    I'm not too keen on running something that wasn't designed for this phone..
    Quote Originally Posted by tvbonnie View Post
    holy cow, my fellow Pre Plus owners, I really want some Home Brew but don't understand how to do it! Please help this pre/computer rookie figure out this complicated download and execute system so I can get that better text alert download among other things...I hate that the phone barely alerts me when I get texts!
    Here are the best step-by-step instructions for getting started:

http://forums.precentral.net/1946233-post2.html
    Just one note of caution if you're not particularly computer savvy- installing homebrew on win7 64 bit might not the most straightforward. I had a frustrating time with it and I'm not a tech newbie (but I'm not a programmer either).
    if you have any doubt i'd play it safe until you ave a better understanding of the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Here are the best step-by-step instructions for getting started:

http://forums.precentral.net/1946233-post2.html
    I beg to differ... but to each his own. :P

And wordweaver... the Novacom install issue isn't a big deal if you just run the newest Doctor on a 64bit Win7 install. Worked for me first try with my new netbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I beg to differ... but to each his own. :P

And wordweaver... the Novacom install issue isn't a big deal if you just run the newest Doctor on a 64bit Win7 install. Worked for me first try with my new netbook.
    Sorry -- didn't mean to diss your instructions. Your instructions were not around when I was first installing WOSQI.
    I did use the newest Dr. There was continually an error with the novacom installation. I found instructions somewhere on extracting one of the windows installer files and editing it in Orca. This can be intimidating for some people, especially if it might mean messing up your beautiful new phone.
    wher can i get the newest webos installer and doctor for verizon i used the sprint also and got everything installed ok but then had to use the doctor to erase and it wouldn't work so i downloaded the one for verizon and it wouldn't work either
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    got it!!!!!!
    ok, so new webos quick install was posted

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ll-v3-0-a.html

and the verizon doctor is here

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

everything now works GREAT!!!

Thanks All! this is SO much better!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CAV AV8R View Post
    got it!!!!!!
    ok, so new webos quick install was posted

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ll-v3-0-a.html

and the verizon doctor is here

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

everything now works GREAT!!!

Thanks All! this is SO much better!!
    Working like a champ for me now as well !
    Thanks to all ! !