Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Some of you may or may not have figured this out already but I found a real easy and cheap way of playing music from your Palm Pre through your car speakers. Depending on what kind of car you drive you might have an AUX input, which ipod/mp3 player users may use. But if you go out and buy a two sided AUX cord you can plug one end into your phone and the other into the car and youll hear the music through your speakers. The cord cost like 5 bucks. Works really well.
    yep , but i have no plug in my truck so i bought a radio transmitter that plugs into my cigg. lighter and it works great too !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    which one did you buy? i have no aux plug either.... i tried a belkin one my friend had and it was always static more often than not....
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I have no aux input on my car sterio so I bought a hard-wired FM modulator and am using that. It's not *great* but does sound OK
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    When I get in my car, I plop my Pre on the touchstone, plug the aux cable into the headphone jack and start Pandora. If I am going someplace I don't know the way to I add Sprint Navigation into the mix. The Pre really shines in this scenario.
    I use one of these FM transmitters:

Amazon.com: In Car MP3 FM Transmitter for SD USB Pen Drive w/Remote: Electronics

Usually sounds pretty clear, if you can find a good station with no interference.
    Now if only you could still answer the phone with the aux cable plugged in...
    car speakerphone and fm transmitter

motorola t505

got mine for 50 w/shipping while back
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I tried an FM transmitter with my old MP3 player, then a cassette adapter. The cassette-based one sounded much better. Been using it with my Pre, and my daughter uses it with her Zune. Nice quality sound. If your car still has a cassette player, I highly recommend it. About $10 from Walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    I tried an FM transmitter with my old MP3 player, then a cassette adapter. The cassette-based one sounded much better. Been using it with my Pre, and my daughter uses it with her Zune. Nice quality sound. If your car still has a cassette player, I highly recommend it. About $10 from Walmart.
    +1
    since my car is from the 80's, i use a cassette tape converter. if you find a decent quality cassette converter, the audio quality is actually better than a fm transmitter. No static from interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    Now if only you could still answer the phone with the aux cable plugged in...
    I use one of those visor-mounted Jabra BT units (forget the model #, but they're reasonably priced). It's a pretty elegant solution. When a call comes in, the music fades (I'm using an aux), then comes up again. Same with nav instructions.

Jabra makes one model with BT and an FM transmitter if that's your preference. It handles calls with BT and transmits music to the radio with FM.
  12. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I use the motorola T505. works great...
    +1 t505
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    motorola T505 works perfect
    My car's factory stereo did not have an aux jack, so I searched on the internet a couple of years ago to see if there was some way I could play my ipod thru my stereo. I found a company that sold a unit that plugged into my CD changer port of my car's stereo (did not have the CD changer installed). Well one side benefit of this unit is that it also has a headphone jack so I use this feature to plug my Pre into my stereo. I tired the FM adaptor but I live in SoCal and the FM band it too crowded for it to work.

Here is the website, maybe it can help some people out:

Neo Car Audio :: The leader in OEM integration.

And no, I don't work for this company, just trying to help fellow forum members out.
    I plugged my aux cable into my Pre and the aux in of my car stereo and played music from my phone. However, I only get sound on the left side, not in stereo. Any suggestions of why this might be?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Jabra Cruiser Blootooth Car Kit Speakerphone
    Has an FM radio transmitter. If your car's stereo sounds good it will,too.
    $65.99 at Amazon.com

I love mine. It's excellent. It works and sounds much better than my buddy's Motorola T505. I never drive anywhere without it.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I use the Jabra Cruiser as well. The only problem with the FM transmitter (which is true for all FM transmitters) is that you often have to change the station it's broadcasting to because of interference. But, on the Cruiser, that only involves pressing one button and changing the station on the radio. If you are listening to music (I use it for audiobooks), a call stops the music which returns when the call is ended. To answer the call you just press the top of the unit. Very easy.
    Any ideas why plugging into my car stereo AUX IN doesn't provide stereo sound? Could it be a setting in the Palm Pre that needs changed? Could it be my cable (it's a basic 3.5 to 3.5 cable)?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by miksnake View Post
    Any ideas why plugging into my car stereo AUX IN doesn't provide stereo sound? Could it be a setting in the Palm Pre that needs changed? Could it be my cable (it's a basic 3.5 to 3.5 cable)?

Thanks.
    I'm going to guess that you're using a mono cable and not a stereo cable. Look at the ends of your cable: how many black rings does it have? A stereo cable will have two, a mono cable will have one. A stereo cable with a microphone (such as headphones that ship with the Palm phones) will have three. See more here: TRS connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast