1.    #1  
    PreCentralers,

I returned my Palm Pre two months ago because the camera application was opening itself at very random times without any prompting. Most of the time, it would occur when I woke my phone up i.e. directly after I dragged the icon out of the semi-circle when it was sleeping. This doesn’t happen everytime I repeat this action, but it is consistent enough that I am seeing it happen everyday.

Well, I have had my new Pre for 2 weeks, and the same thing is happening! The Sprint store claims they've never seen this problem. Based on its random reoccurrence, I am guessing this has something to do with some sort of combination of patches/apps/settings triggering the camera to load. Sometimes it loads when I place the phone on the touchstone...I have heard something about camera hardware melting into the phone's main board (forgive my lack of techincal savvy). Could I have a faulty touchstone that is overheating the phone? Anyway, this issue is incredibly frustrating...anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Charlie
  2. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Happens to me too. Especially when I'm texting.
    I think it is one of the patches. I had the same irritating problem until I wiped the phone with the webosdoctor and installed the 1.3.5 update. I don't know which one as I don't know if I reinstalled all of the patches that I had on the phone prior to the update. You can try webosrepair and see what happens.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html
    Do you have the "Launch camera when in landscape" patch installed?
    I'm also having this problem. Happens when my phone is idling for extended periods of time.
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs