Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Step by step this is what i did:

1. Install freetether & mobile hot spot

2. Connect your PC/Mac to mobile hot spot

3. Go to you PC/Mac's network settings & write down: Subnet Mask, Router/Gateway & DNS

4. On Xbox, PS3, etc go to network settings & "MANUALLY" set up your wifi connection.

A. In IP Address put exactly what your PC/Mac's wifi is using except add 1 to the last digit, so if its a .1 make it .2 on your PS3, Xbox, etc.

B. Then input DNS, Gateway/Router & Subnet Mask EXACTLY how you wrote it down.

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    if I don't have a wireless adapter for xbox is there a way to bridge the connection and connect through ethernet cable. I use to do it with any windows mobile device plugged through usb, just don't know if it can be done through wireless connection to computer.
    youre not actually trying to game with this are you?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    This kind of behavior is what will ruin it for everyone. Cut it out.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    chill out I have an employee account and have unlimited usage. Geez I've been doing it for a few years now trust me. And it works quite well for gaming by the way
    draztik, can you go to Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test and run that test?
    lol why wouldn't he be trying to game with this? I use it to game online for my 360 when I'm outta town. I can guarantee I use less data then 90% of you that tether as well.
    i couldnt give two craps about how much bandwidth it uses.

lololllllolololol
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    draztik, can you go to [url= - The Global Broadband Quality Test[/url] and run that test?
    I always get a C grade on pingtest. I'll do it again today & see what it gives when I get home.
    neat idea, and glad it works... could be useful for grabbing small XBLA arcade titles, just viewing the new spotlight news, etc.

But a big fat +1 for there is no way that gaming would be possible. My ping is always several hundred when tethered.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    neat idea, and glad it works... could be useful for grabbing small XBLA arcade titles, just viewing the new spotlight news, etc.

But a big fat +1 for there is no way that gaming would be possible. My ping is always several hundred when tethered.
    I have & do play online on both xbox 360 & PS3 with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I have & do play online on both xbox 360 & PS3 with no issues
    it's not going to be bad on your end while playing.

i can be downloading gigs and gigs of torrents and my playing experience is fine, but the kill cam shows me ice skating like a son of a gun.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    master!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    it's not going to be bad on your end while playing.

i can be downloading gigs and gigs of torrents and my playing experience is fine, but the kill cam shows me ice skating like a son of a gun.
    Never had complaints from person playing with
    the down and up is about a quarter of my DSL, which is nice.

but that ping is naaaaaaasty.
    I have the version of mytether(2.0.4) and i use it on my laptop daily. My pre is on 1.3.5.1 if that matters. I followed the directions above to the T and still my ps3 says "failed connection". should I change something like UPnP to disabled leave it or what? Am I getting my Subnet Mask, Router/Gateway & DNS from the wrong spot? (getting them by clicking the wifi signal down right by the time / from wireless connection status in the support tab under details.) If somebody can help it would greatly be appreciated since I cant get any decent internet where I am and really I would just like to update some stuff
    obtaining the ip address failed

the access point was not detected
    nevermind bout mytether but i still cant get it to work with mhs
  19.    #19  
    this is asked a lot, sticky?
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Step by step this is what i did:

1. Install freetether & mobile hot spot

2. Connect your PC/Mac to mobile hot spot

3. Go to you PC/Mac's network settings & write down: Subnet Mask, Router/Gateway & DNS

4. On Xbox, PS3, etc go to network settings & "MANUALLY" set up your wifi connection.

A. In IP Address put exactly what your PC/Mac's wifi is using except add 1 to the last digit, so if its a .1 make it .2 on your PS3, Xbox, etc.

B. Then input DNS, Gateway/Router & Subnet Mask EXACTLY how you wrote it down.

Enjoy!
    I'm new to this. How do I install freetether and mobile hot spot? Where do these come from?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast