Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Does anyone know where exactly to get these settings on Windows Vista?

I cant seem to find it.
    I followed these directions for my PS3 and it keeps failing once it gets to "Internet Connection" portion, saying that it's a DNS error...won't let me sign into the PSN either...

What gives?...this is the only thing that says "DNS" when I do ipconfig /all...

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:50:09 PM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:50:09 PM
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.1.11
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.1.11
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 302837478
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-54-11-4A-00-26-22-53-65-64

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::b887:91d0:6bf0:90f1%12
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
    I used to game all the time off my htc mogul with my xbox360 online. never had anyone tell me im lagging or anything n i was playing GTA4, COD, Rainbow 6 vegas and a bunch more. and i did it for years and never got in trouble or had my service shut off so idk why people as complaining

oh actually i forgot to mention im on SPRINT!
    Originally Posted by draztikrhymez
    Step by step this is what i did:

1. Install freetether & mobile hot spot

2. Connect your PC/Mac to mobile hot spot

3. Go to you PC/Mac's network settings & write down: Subnet Mask, Router/Gateway & DNS

4. On Xbox, PS3, etc go to network settings & "MANUALLY" set up your wifi connection.

A. In IP Address put exactly what your PC/Mac's wifi is using except add 1 to the last digit, so if its a .1 make it .2 on your PS3, Xbox, etc.

B. Then input DNS, Gateway/Router & Subnet Mask EXACTLY how you wrote it down.

Enjoy!

Tried this as well. No go. Any further halp would be great. PS3 wont connect. IP address works but connection fails.
    you dont have to install freetether i conacted it to my ps3 just by seting it manualy
    Here's my solution for PC owners.

1. Connect your Pre, or Pixi, to your PC

2. Under the Start menu select the Run program.

3. Type in cmd to bring up the Command Menu

4. In the Command Menu type in ipconfig, it will list the IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway (A.K.A Default Router on a PS3) of your phone.

5. Manually input the IP, Subnet, and Default Gateway into your gaming device. It also requires a Primary DNS, use 8.8.8.8 which is the Google public DNS. You don't have to input anything into Secondary DNS but if you wish put in 8.8.6.6, the other Google public DNS address.

You should now be connected to the Mobile Hotspot. The gameplay online is quite smooth and early tests show that it doesn't use up much data. Further tests are required to see how much data is used on gaming sessions of at least 6 hours. Will report later with info.
    Last edited by AceLombax; 10/30/2010 at 04:23 AM.
    ^ didn't work for me
    Quote Originally Posted by AceLombax View Post
    Here's my solution for PC owners.

1. Connect your Pre, or Pixi, to your PC

2. Under the Start menu select the Run program.

3. Type in cmd to bring up the Command Menu

4. In the Command Menu type in ipconfig, it will list the IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway (A.K.A Default Router on a PS3) of your phone.

5. Manually input the IP, Subnet, and Default Gateway into your gaming device. It also requires a Primary DNS, use 8.8.8.8 which is the Google public DNS. You don't have to input anything into Secondary DNS but if you wish put in 8.8.6.6, the other Google public DNS address.

You should now be connected to the Mobile Hotspot. The gameplay online is quite smooth and early tests show that it doesn't use up much data. Further tests are required to see how much data is used on gaming sessions of at least 6 hours. Will report later with info.
    Thanks, will be trying this out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Hey guys, I talked to Palm and you need to setup the ps3 with custom settings then do manual IP Address
    IP: 10.1.1.200
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Router: 10.1.1.11
    Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Leave Secondary DNS blank its not required.
    After this you should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjc2145 View Post
    Hey guys, I talked to Palm and you need to setup the ps3 with custom settings then do manual IP Address
    IP: 10.1.1.200
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Router: 10.1.1.11
    Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Leave Secondary DNS blank its not required.
    After this you should be good to go.
    That worked like a charm. Thanks so much. You Rock aaron.
    Hey Aaron I tried that but it didn't work. Any suggestions?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123