Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.3_all
    - us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7
    - auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot.patch

I installed these ipk files and the patch using the latest WOSQI. the only icon that shows in my launcher is MHS nothing saying free tether. Did I do anything wrong?
    I browsed all threads and cant find but one other person with a silimar problem but no one has offered a solution ..... please help
    If you have the patch, you don't need any other icon
    Just turn on Mobile Hotspot and that's everything you have to do
    yup.

the freetether is a different app all its own. you can download it from webosinternals
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I need help also. I installed everything fine, even the patch. When I enable MHS I hang there (refer to image below). I am wondering if it stays there until a connection is made, or I installed wrong. Basically if something is wrong with my laptop or the application. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Can someone outline the process to remove the paid version of my tether. I have the patch enabled, but when i try to disable the patch, the phone hangs on the process and never completes the disable process. I think at this point I will be better off to remove the complete app.
    btw- why is that app such a pita?
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitrin View Post
    Can someone outline the process to remove the paid version of my tether. I have the patch enabled, but when i try to disable the patch, the phone hangs on the process and never completes the disable process. I think at this point I will be better off to remove the complete app.
    btw- why is that app such a pita?
    I hate to say this but if the patch won't remove you could try the webOS Repair Utility, but worse case scenario you'll have to doctor your phone. If you do get the patch removed without doctoring and verify it's gone (your camera, YouTube app works) access the commandline (via Terminal and the Terminal Service Plugin from Preware/WOSQI or Putty) and type these commands:

mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove net.aonic*
    mount -o remount,ro /
    exit

Hope that helps.
    I've gone through a painful process getting this done. Ibcould not understand why it was difficult. I've done quite a bit of, patching, hacking, modding to this unit(s) to know something was a miss. I've tortured myself relentlessly trying to get this to work.

I decided to go outside the box and found out the windows 7 was having the issues. As I read deeper into the forums, (window supoort forums) it appears the latest version of Vista has some issues to.

Now, I do not exactly know what the issues were (mostly to technical) in terminology but I followed one persons directions and waa-laa. Both Pres I was having an issue with worked. It had to do with going into the command prompt, (of windows) and resetting IP address, dumping the DNS.

Hope this helps.
    Im sure Im missing something but I cant find freetether anywhere....where can I download it ? Please help. Will freetether work on sprint palm pixi
    If you downloaded everything properly, and the Mobile Hotspot appears on the Pre, go to Phone, Preferences, switch data off and then on again. This solved my problem. I hope it works for you. It's great.