1.    #1  
    Hello all! I have had my Pre since July 29, 2009 and I really think that it is the best phone that I have ever owned. However, recently I have been experiencing random WebOS crashes. What I mean by crash is, I go to wake up the Pre by pressing the ON button and nothing happens. Opening, closing, pressing the center button all has no effect. The only way to get it to come back to life is to remove the battery and restart. I have tried to use the "hold the power button down and flip the silence button three times" trick, but that doesn't always work. My question is this, is it time to take it back and get a replacment? I do have some patches loaded, the what-do-i-do-now theme and some tweaks. The screen has a minor Oreo, so I could def get a new one from the insurance. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Jeff
    I have the same problem. No hacks or mods, just the standard Sprint Pre. I have experienced a half dozen unannounced shutdowns since the last update. After shutting down, the phone does not finish a reboot. It gets stuck at the black Palm screen. The battery is at 55%, so it shouldn't be because of a low power problem.

I go back to my Treo experiences for a temporary remedy. I pull the battery, hold down the power button for 10 seconds and then re-install the battery. That works... until the next shutdown.