Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a tweak or patch that will allow us to create texting groups. Daily I have to text the same group of people with the same info, it would be easier if there was a way to group them. If I knew anything about how to create a tweak/patch I would, but I know that would go bad. I would definately be in favor of donating to someone who created one though.
  2. #2  
    + 1.
  3. #3  
    +1
  4. #4  
    +1
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  5. #5  
    This seems like to be a pretty high request. I would suggest requesting this feature on Palm's website. It appears that they have been listening so it definitely should help.

    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
  6. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #6  
    +1

    I submitted an idea to add a field called Groups under the Contact where you could just add them like a phone number or email address and it would link to a Contact from the Contact page. Then when you create a text, you would just choose that Group Contact you created and would be able to send it. Will see if anything comes from it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  7. cjhindy's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #7  
    +1
  8. eztech's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #8  
    +1
  9. #9  
    Dude ive been complaining about that for the longest. I am ready to give up my phone because it lacks that function. What kind of pda phone doesnt foward text and group msm/text? Finally now you can fwd text 3 to 4months later but still no group txt. From what i have read this must be one of the most requested functions. I dont understand why they keep choosing to ignore this request. Im willing to pay for an app to be able to do this. If not im just going to get the blacberry. You are able to group txt i believe 1000 ppl in one txt. My palm 700wx and 750 were able to group txt thats what made me get this crapy phone.
  10. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #10  
    I think the app Mail Lists can do this with a workaround as mentioned in the reviews. Every cell phone number has an email address, so you make a list of those email addresses. Haven't tried it myself though.
    Last edited by spare; 01/26/2010 at 11:09 PM.
  11. csquare's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #11  
    I need this as well! I wonder if the guru's can port over the Android app Contacts GroupU as this allows you to do just what we want!!!!
  12. #12  
  13. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    931 Global Posts
    #13  
    Mail Lists(don't try the lite version b/c its not updated with the text messaging feature, you can download it to see how you make the lists, works same way as text for the email part of this app but u import to text) An app in the app catalog for $2.99

    I downloaded earlier and it works great. You can a group of contacts in the app and then name it. You open the app, select the group and its put into the text messaging for you to send to the whole group........Love it and well worth the $$$ since Palm hasn't addressed this yet!!!

    http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...log/mail-lists
    Last edited by imex99; 02/03/2010 at 05:57 PM.


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  14. seistoes's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Mail Lists(don't try the lite version b/c its not updated with the text messaging feature, you can download it to see how you make the lists, works same way as text for the email part of this app but u import to text) An app in the app catalog for $2.99

    I downloaded earlier and it works great. You can a group of contacts in the app and then name it. You open the app, select the group and its put into the text messaging for you to send to the whole group........Love it and well worth the $$$ since Palm hasn't addressed this yet!!!

    http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...log/mail-lists
    I haven't tried this yet, and it does seem like a good idea, BUT...

    ...while this workaround allows group texting, can the recepient respond directly to your text? It seems like they would be responding to an email address instead of your mobile number.

    And if that's the case, will you receive responses in email?

    Just kinda confused on how this works. Can some explain it to me?

    Thanks.
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
  15. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    931 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by seistoes View Post
    I haven't tried this yet, and it does seem like a good idea, BUT...

    ...while this workaround allows group texting, can the recepient respond directly to your text? It seems like they would be responding to an email address instead of your mobile number.

    And if that's the case, will you receive responses in email?

    Just kinda confused on how this works. Can some explain it to me?

    Thanks.
    No, your totally wrong..... There are 2 separate programs in this app.

    One for email and one for messaging.

    So, you open the app and click on the SMS part of the app. You name a group and add contacts from your contacts that you want to message. You message them and it goes through your SMS and NOT EMAIL. It's pretty simple, i just paid for the app and tried it and was shocked how easy it was and how good it worked.

    Oh yeah, i'm no way affiliated with this app, i just needed this app really bad for the PS3 NCAA 2010 football online dynasties and it works great when I send a message to 11 of my online buddies that we advanced a week, etc.....

    Any questions, ask me or the developed. I sent him an email and he responded within a few hours before I bought this earlier today.


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  16. Mr Hyde's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #16  
    I'm going to try the Mail Lists app but I am really hoping that Palm comes up with a fix for this issue

    Add me to the list
  17. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    931 Global Posts
    #17  
    this app works so great no need for palm to fix it(well this does cost) but it works great until Palm does anything to fix this... Hopefully the developer will drop the price so more people buy it!!!


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  18. #18  
    +1
  19. seistoes's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    No, your totally wrong..... There are 2 separate programs in this app.

    One for email and one for messaging.

    So, you open the app and click on the SMS part of the app. You name a group and add contacts from your contacts that you want to message. You message them and it goes through your SMS and NOT EMAIL. It's pretty simple, i just paid for the app and tried it and was shocked how easy it was and how good it worked.

    Oh yeah, i'm no way affiliated with this app, i just needed this app really bad for the PS3 NCAA 2010 football online dynasties and it works great when I send a message to 11 of my online buddies that we advanced a week, etc.....

    Any questions, ask me or the developed. I sent him an email and he responded within a few hours before I bought this earlier today.
    Thanks for the explanation. This is obviously an update from the original app. the workaround I was talking about was witht he original version of Mail Lists whitch allowed texting using the email app only. Here is an article that explains the process: Text Messaging via Email | PCMech

    I am happy to hear it is now possible to text directly with SMS!
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
  20. #20  
    Yes, the updated version of Mail Lists is PHENOMENAL! It's just what I wanted for Christmas!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions