Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow this sounds great! Out of the things that I absolutely need before getting this phone, this is one of them!

For those using the program, how well does it work? Pretty straightforward? How many people can you have in a group?

And another question.... do the lists get backed up if say you need to have your phone replaced?

Also... can anyone verify this? (from their website)

Awesome app...it works just like is says on the description...it actually put the groups into the contacts app that comes on the PRE so you can input the group without having to use the app everytime (...)

Anonymous - App Catalog (USA)
    Can you tell I'm excited? (and I don't even have a Pre yet... lol). The only phone I've had that sent group texts reliably was my current Blackberry... it even tells u which one it failed sending to. The 755p would lock up for 2-3 mins just to send to 10 people. The WM phones worked well enough.
    Last edited by Jaggrey; 02/09/2010 at 10:53 AM.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Wow this sounds great! Out of the things that I absolutely need before getting this phone, this is one of them!

For those using the program, how well does it work? Pretty straightforward? How many people can you have in a group?

And another question.... do the lists get backed up if say you need to have your phone replaced?
    I just bought the app and it seems to work GREAT!!! No idea about the backup feature, but otherwise:

1. For email lists, YES, it's integrated into the contact list. So, you create a list and you can either set up the email from within the Mailing List App or directly from Universal Search or even within the Compose Email card. Works GREAT!

2. For Text lists, as the developer has stated, you have to launch the new Text Message List from within the Mailing Lists app and not via Universal search or within the Messaging App, but still, this is great. I have only created a list 8 names long and it works fine.
    Yes, this app is very easy to use!

The developer is working on adding a way to backup your lists.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    where is the unlimited SMS patch? Not in webOS patch forum...Preware...
    I can't find it either... never even heard of it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    where is the unlimited SMS patch? Not in webOS patch forum...Preware...
    Hi,

Here's the patch:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...g-support.html

For all of you that needs to send more than 20 messages, I must say that (as Mamouton states) it is a carrier specific limitation (wel, they really are limiting it by configuration). Said this, if you need to bypass this limit, you'll find worthy this patch. I must say that this is my (unsupported, but) recommended workaround, as other solutions will be less elegant. By the way, I'll release an ugly solution for this.
    That's not the unlimited SMS patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    That's not the unlimited SMS patch.
    Take a deeper view to the thread...

(I must admit that I pasted a wrong link, as I was trying to post the same info in both posts )

Direct link to the patch: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ople-once.html
    unfortunately neither the "mail list" app or the newer app "super contacts plus", (have them both) will allow you to forward a text to multiple recipiants....:~(
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    if you could copy the original text the forwarding to your group in super contacts is easy enough
    yes true but sometimes a pic with text and the copy feature on web os won't let you copy pics
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12