Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    Great FAQ!!
    Hi,

I'm newbies, thanks for the sharing your ideas guys I've learned a lot here.
    Quote Originally Posted by PleasureMe View Post
    Hi,

I'm newbies, thanks for the sharing your ideas guys I've learned a lot here.
    Welcome to the P|C forums! Enjoy your new addiction
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5.    #85  
    thats where it went ...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    If it's any consolation, I added a link to it here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2479190
    Just call me Berd.
    This is so wonderful thank you so much for the tips and help! This really makes it so much easier to navigate!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    u do know that in your signature even if u have more than 10 post u cant click on it.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    u do know that in your signature even if u have more than 10 post u cant click on it.
    Huh??.... people who have less than ten posts can't see links I believe... I know for sure if you're not logged in u can't see links.. so for whoever can't see it just copy and paste
  10.    #90  
    anytime.. I may need to overhaul this thread once 2.0 lands ... So stay tuned
    thanks sketch42, your post the best info
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thanks, this is very helpful even after almost a year of having my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    Thanks, this is very helpful even after almost a year of having my Pre.
    +10 Sketch did a great job with this thread!
  14.    #94  
    updated First Post with one Major Question

Is it Possible that Preware ever be available from the App Catalog or Web Channels?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is not.

You can get the ipkg from Index of / (or down in the feeds at Index of /feeds/....) but you will need an advanced homebrew installer to be able to install it.

Your choices of on-device advanced homebrew installers are Preware and Internalz. You can install either of them using the other, but you have to have one of them installed first, and the prerequisites to install either of them are identical.

So it's a catch-22, which is the reason why Palm is not concerned about the security aspects of Preware and homebrew, because you cannot break the Palm-liable app catalog security model unless you connect your device to a host computer and consciously install an advanced homebrew installer.

If this was to change, it would be a massive security vulnerability, and would need to be fixed by Palm (we would be the first to point it out to them). So it's not going to happen.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Great work. I am currently reading this post until I get my pre after Nov 1.

My wife currently has the pixi so I use that in the meantime.
  16.    #96  
    updated first post with info on save/restore app from webos internals
    I bought my Pre unlocked and I am using it in Argentina with Movistar. I was really excited about installing some of the patches and followed your instructions thru WOQI but when I tried to download WebOS Doctor, it asked me about the carrier, and I got stuck. Will any of the available options work for me?

Additionally, I have a few other questions, hoping that they are acceptable in this thread:

1. I really miss some of the basic features of the my Palm Centro like the ability to put passwords to memos and contacts. I have chosen a 4-digit pin to unlock my phone as typing a complex password all the time becomes tedious. But that's the only protection I have before a complete remote deletion which may not work for me (see next). Any way to block individual memos or contacts with Pre?

2. When I put the Movistar chip for the first time while in the US, my Palm built a profile and loaded my local number without the country and city code. I called Palm and they told me that they can't change that number so I guess I can not remotely delete my data if needed because Palm will try to connect with a wrong number. Any suggestions?

3. I still can't believe that I can't synchronize with Desktop anymore. I tried to live with Google for a while but it is just not the same. First I need an internet connection to work on my contacts, agenda and memos. Secondly I hate to be logged in all day long to interact with my data. I still don't see the benefits of placing my data in the "cloud". I'm considering installing Echo. Any comments?

This are just 3 of my dissappointments with Pre... I will very much appreciate your input so I can understand it and enjoy it better. Thank you!
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by frisbeeace View Post
    I bought my Pre unlocked and I am using it in Argentina with Movistar. I was really excited about installing some of the patches and followed your instructions thru WOQI but when I tried to download WebOS Doctor, it asked me about the carrier, and I got stuck. Will any of the available options work for me?

Additionally, I have a few other questions, hoping that they are acceptable in this thread:

1. I really miss some of the basic features of the my Palm Centro like the ability to put passwords to memos and contacts. I have chosen a 4-digit pin to unlock my phone as typing a complex password all the time becomes tedious. But that's the only protection I have before a complete remote deletion which may not work for me (see next). Any way to block individual memos or contacts with Pre?

2. When I put the Movistar chip for the first time while in the US, my Palm built a profile and loaded my local number without the country and city code. I called Palm and they told me that they can't change that number so I guess I can not remotely delete my data if needed because Palm will try to connect with a wrong number. Any suggestions?

3. I still can't believe that I can't synchronize with Desktop anymore. I tried to live with Google for a while but it is just not the same. First I need an internet connection to work on my contacts, agenda and memos. Secondly I hate to be logged in all day long to interact with my data. I still don't see the benefits of placing my data in the "cloud". I'm considering installing Echo. Any comments?

This are just 3 of my dissappointments with Pre... I will very much appreciate your input so I can understand it and enjoy it better. Thank you!
    for your first quest.. You are better off asking in the canuck coding forum in the webos developer forums or the pre gsm forum

Both points 1 and 3.. There are apps in the app catalog for secure pim management as well as outlook sync... I am currently mobile and don't have access to links... Try searching markspace in the catalog... I will try and remember these points for tomorow but this should start you off

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  19.    #99  
    updated first post with a easier to read Google Doc... Table of Contents and more Questions with answers...
  20.    #100  
    updated first post with desktop syncing options
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast