Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I've been reading on the forums that we should remove all patches, themes etc. before flashing a new OS.

I was wondering if a simple Full erase would do the needful rather than removing patches etc. manually?

I use a GSM Pre Unlocked, if I would like to flash a new firmware via webOS Doctor, can I do the above mentioned without removing stuff manually?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibreil View Post
    I've been reading on the forums that we should remove all patches, themes etc. before flashing a new OS.

I was wondering if a simple Full erase would do the needful rather than removing patches etc. manually?

I use a GSM Pre Unlocked, if I would like to flash a new firmware via webOS Doctor, can I do the above mentioned without removing stuff manually?
    A Full Erase followed by a WebOS Doctor will always clear the phone of anything. That is the only way to do a full wipe.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Can you link me towards the webOSDoctor for 1.3.5.1
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Can you link me towards the webOSDoctor for 1.3.5.1
    All WebOS Doctor versions can be downloaded from WebOS Internals here.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    All WebOS Doctor versions can be downloaded from WebOS Internals here.
    Just want to confirm, will the Sprint webOSDoc 1.3.5.1 work on GSM Unlocked palm? (Not RebelSIM unlocked or any other hardware unlocked)
    ░▒▓█ Palm Pre 8GB
    ░▒▓█ OS ► v1.3.5.2
    ░▒▓█ ROM date ► 11/01/2010
    ░▒▓█ Radio ► GSM Pre Unlocked
    ░▒▓█ Jailbroken ► Preware + WebOS Quick Install
    ░▒▓█ Provider ► AirTel, Mumbai, India.
    ░▒▓█ Supported ► Palm Profile, GPRS, Dial, SMS, MMS, Voicemail, Tethering via USB + Bluetooth
    I'm wondering which is better way to go by doing a full wipe, partial wipe, or just running the Webos Doctor? I understand these three does the basically the same thing - resetting the OS system back to the default while partial wipe and doctoring usually leaves the USB storage portion intact. Is there any pro's / con's between the 3 options?
    ░▒▓█ Palm Pre 8GB
    ░▒▓█ OS ► v1.3.5.2
    ░▒▓█ ROM date ► 11/01/2010
    ░▒▓█ Radio ► GSM Pre Unlocked
    ░▒▓█ Jailbroken ► Preware + WebOS Quick Install
    ░▒▓█ Provider ► AirTel, Mumbai, India.
    ░▒▓█ Supported ► Palm Profile, GPRS, Dial, SMS, MMS, Voicemail, Tethering via USB + Bluetooth
    Have you discovered the secrets of time travel or did your phone fall through a tear in the fabric of the space time continuum?
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Have you discovered the secrets of time travel or did your phone fall through a tear in the fabric of the space time continuum?
    LOL.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Since he is in india, they notate date in that country by dd/mm/yyyy instead of the way it is writen in the US.
    Im American...but that was just ignorant smh lol