Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    First post. I figured I would use this opportunity to satisfy a longfelt, but unmet need.

64 bit Pre drivers (or at least, instructions on how to make your own) now available at h t t p:/ / w w w .mobile-files. com/ forum/ showthread.php?t=130946 (sorry for the funny parsing/spacing, but with no prior posts, I cannot post a link, so cut and paste above and just delete superfluous spaces).

USB Diag driver made by those instructions tested by me (work fine with QPST & QXDM); still looking for feedback on whether USB Modem driver works (feel free to test and post below).

Thanks for all the wonderful information on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    First post. I figured I would use this opportunity to satisfy a longfelt, but unmet need.

64 bit Pre drivers (or at least, instructions on how to make your own) now available at h t t p:/ / w w w .mobile-files. com/ forum/ showthread.php?t=130946 (sorry for the funny parsing/spacing, but with no prior posts, I cannot post a link, so cut and paste above and just delete superfluous spaces).

USB Diag driver made by those instructions tested by me (work fine with QPST & QXDM); still looking for feedback on whether USB Modem driver works (feel free to test and post below).

Thanks for all the wonderful information on this forum.
    I briefly tested through your method described in the link here: Palm Pre - Guide To 64 Bit Windows Drivers - Mobile Files dot com

It has not worked for me yet. I am using windows vista 64 bit. I am not counting it out though and am pretty optimistic.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Make sure your Pre is in Diag mode before plugging it into your computer. PM me if you want more assistance.
    The link is dead for me and i cant get Win 7 64bit to accept the drivers.. Any help??

Thanks..
    Link dead for me too -

If anyone who got it while that link worked could post it, that would be great. Or the original author of course!

Thanks,

semibreve42
    Has anyone been able to find 64 bit drivers or convert the existing 32 bit ones to work with the pre?
    Hey,

webos-internals.org has info on how to get your USB Modem to work.

Basically, Windows 7 already has the driver for it you just have to manually install it.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Out of town with no access to original files, so doing this barebones.

One observation drives this: Qualcomm chip (which is accessed in diag mode and via USB passthrough) is same whether on Pre or on HTC, so upgraded HTC drivers for Pre should work.

To get HTC driver, search the net. For example, you can go to post 219 here: Tutorial: USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul - Page 22 - PPCGeeks
    There may be more recent version available if you can get a more recent version of VZAccess Manager software (not sure on this).

To mod HTC driver for Palm Pre, tweak .inf file for PID (Product ID) and VID (Vendor ID) of Palm Pre (and Palm Pre Plus, if different). You can get the PID and VID from beezlewaxin's 32-bit driver .inf's (thanks for the work, and the inspiration, beezle). VID is 0830, and PIDs vary (try 8003 (generic?), 0100 (Pre?), and 0101 (Pre Plus?) - one of these should work for your unit).

Then, put Pre in USB passthrough mode (yes, this must be enabled, and enabling this is beyond scope of this tutorial), plug into 64-bit Win 7 machine, and manually point to location where modd'ed driver /inf is, and the computer should recognize and install driver.

Please note that this information is provided completely unsupported, as I do not have time these days to answer a lot of questions (upheaval in personal life).

Best of luck, and hope this helps; if it did, please don't forget to hit thanks button.

One observation drives this: Qualcomm chip (which is accessed in diag mode and via USB passthrough) is same whether on Pre or on HTC, so upgraded HTC drivers for Pre should work.

To get HTC driver, search the net. For example, you can go to post 219 here:There may be more recent version available if you can get a more recent version of VZAccess Manager software (not sure on this).

To mod HTC driver for Palm Pre, tweak .inf file for PID (Product ID) and VID (Vendor ID) of Palm Pre (and Palm Pre Plus, if different). You can get the PID and VID from beezlewaxin's 32-bit driver .inf's (thanks for the work, and the inspiration, beezle). VID is 0830, and PIDs vary (try 8003 (generic?), 0100 (Pre?), and 0101 (Pre Plus?) - one of these should work for your unit).
    I downloaded the file mentioned here and opened the "HtcVcomV64.inf" file and modified the following section to look like this:

[Models.NTamd64]
    %OEMDevice00% = OEMPort00, USB\VID_0830&PID_8003&MI_01

For my sprint pre and it worked great! I have CdmaWS open now modifiying stuff. THANKS!!!

To get HTC driver, search the net. For example, you can go to post 219 here: Tutorial: USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul - Page 22 - PPCGeeks
    There may be more recent version available if you can get a more recent version of VZAccess Manager software (not sure on this).

Then, put Pre in USB passthrough mode (yes, this must be enabled, and enabling this is beyond scope of this tutorial), plug into 64-bit Win 7 machine, and manually point to location where modd'ed driver /inf is, and the computer should recognize and install driver.

Please note that this information is provided completely unsupported, as I do not have time these days to answer a lot of questions (upheaval in personal life).

Best of luck, and hope this helps; if it did, please don't forget to hit thanks button.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpuguy06 View Post
    I downloaded the file mentioned here and opened the "HtcVcomV64.inf" file and modified the following section to look like this:

[Models.NTamd64]

For my sprint pre and it worked great! I have CdmaWS open now modifiying stuff. THANKS!!!
    Neither of these methods worked for me on two different 64 bit computers. One running windows 7 and one running vista. I have no idea why this is not working but have tried each of the tricks to get it to work. Oh well. Thanks for trying.
    I am about to get a new computer with the 64bit flavor of Windows 7 today. You mean to tell me Palm has no drivers for the Pre that will work on 64 bit OS's? So I can't charge it, use it as a USB drive, or use it for a mobile hotspot for my Pre?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Headgamer

I run Win7 x64, it charges and I am able to connect as USB drive to my Pre Plus. I have copied several gigabytes of music to my Pre along with a couple of pdf documents without incident.

I have not tried to run any utilities that access the Pre (i.e. WebOS Quick Install) from my Win7 x64 system, I did that on an older XPsp3 system.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I am about to get a new computer with the 64bit flavor of Windows 7 today. You mean to tell me Palm has no drivers for the Pre that will work on 64 bit OS's? So I can't charge it, use it as a USB drive, or use it for a mobile hotspot for my Pre?
    I think this is just for USB passthrough and other crazy things.

I have Windows 7 64, and everything works just fine, including WOSQI.

to install novacom, all I did was start up WEBOSQI, go to file->options, and attempt novacom (re)installation.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

[Models.NTamd64]

Quick Q: Did you use a Pre or a Pre Plus? And, what WebOS version did it work under?

Reason I ask is that, although my instructions above worked for my old Palm Pre, they do NOT work on my Palm Pre Plus. PID 8003 works, but when the driver installs, I get a Code 10 error (Device will not start). Even after a clean reinstall of the drivers.

So, either:
    1. Palm did something to USB functionality between WebOS 1.3.5 and WebOS 1.4, or
    2. Microsoft did something to its modem.sys file in a Windows 7 64 bit update, or
    3. the Palm Pre Plus does not use the same HTC-flavored USB interface chip as the Palm Pre, or
    4. other???

Comments/thoughts on how to get this working much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    So I was frustrated at not being able to get my modded 64 bit drivers working last night on my Palm Pre Plus (they used to work fine on my Palm Pre), and I researched the internet for a way to make Beezle's 32bit drivers work on a 64 bit machine. And, EUREKA!

I use Windows XP Mode (i.e., former Virtual PC, now a free 32-bit based add-on for Microsoft Win 7 x64 (I think Professional or Ultimate) which must be installed like a program) - see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx . Windows XP Mode installed beautifully on my 64bit Win 7 machine, I started it up (it starts up as a window inside Windows 7 x64), and when I attached my Pre Plus to the USB port of my machine, I went up to the top bar of the Windows XP Mode window, clicked on "USB", scrolled down to "Pre - . . . Attach", and attached it. The Windows XP Mode window then asked for driver information (I installed Beezle's 32 Bit driver manually after downloading it from inside the Windows XP Mode window), and I was able to access my Pre Plus (and its internal GPS) through QPST NO PROBLEM.

Hope this workaround helps others frustrated by lack of 64 Bit Pre Diag drivers.
    I just don't understand why no one cares to fix this problem with novacom and win 7 x64. I was having hit or miss success using webos quick install but lately it just doesn't work at all. I have to use my laptop with win XP if I need to do anything with quick install anymore.

[Models.NTamd64]

does anybody know the PID (Product ID) and VID (Vendor ID) for the Palm Pixi Plus Verizon
    i cant seem to find it anywhere
    I edited the htc diag drivers and managed diag mode of my pixi plus and pre plus to work on win 7 x64 bit!!!!!!!!

Download : www techwerkz com/evo/HTCDiagDrivers.zip,
    www megaupload com/?d=JI9MGVEZ

Install R-AC abstract with the first file and Genric serial with second one....
    I worked a lot on these..... So plz donate if u can..............