1.    #1  
    Ok I searched through the existing threads and could not find anything that addressed my issue/question... So I apologize in advance if this issue has been discussed already and I have over looked it.

My question is: Does anyone else have problems with their Pre keeping accurate time? I have to re-start my Pre every morning to at least start the day with accurate time... by the end of the day it usually run a couple minutes fast. Where I work often time knowing the exact time is very important to me. Does anyone else have this issue or is it my phone some how malfunctioning?

My cheapest of cheap cell phones that i have ever owned have never had issues keeping accurate time to the second.

Input is most appreciated!!!
  2.    #2  
    So out of the 29 people that looked at me post - no one could say a couple words as to whether their phone has ever had issues keeping accurate time?

I can feel the love!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. Been consistently running 2 mins ahead of real time, and also 2 mins ahead of my wife's Sprint phone (which is not a smartphone). I believe this has been raised in the forums before, but never solved.
    I have had success, with network time set, by going in and out of Airplane mode to force the Pre to lookup the network time.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    My time is off too; I've been as far ahead as 5 minutes. I turned off Network time and set the time manually; seems to be keeping the correct time now.
    My first Pre couldn't keep time so I sent it back. By the end of the day it was off by almost an hour. never did find a fix.
    here time freezes completely when i put my pre in airplane mode, and every morning i've to reset it.
    Mine was 5 minutes fast today, I set it in airplane mode and then set it back, seemed to fix it. I hope this doesn't happen again.
    my time actually slows down, I've had more than an hour gap. I tried switching it manually but it still falls back. The reset does catch the time up but after about a minute or two it falls back again.

The airplane mode does not seem to fix the problem for me.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irule View Post
    my time actually slows down, I've had more than an hour gap. I tried switching it manually but it still falls back. The reset does catch the time up but after about a minute or two it falls back again.

The airplane mode does not seem to fix the problem for me.
    Same here ...

I think it has to do with the battery...

I has 2 batteries for a while .. so I switched the battery and it kept the time just fine .. for some reason that battery died.. and won't start my phone .. so when i put the old one back it ... I was back to the time slowing down :O(
    Pre user since summer '09...on my fourth phone.
    My wife and I have had our Pre's since launch day last year without any problems what so ever. Then with the last 3 updates our clocks have been affected.

As for me, what happens is that when I go in and out of my condo, I gain between 2-3 minutes. The longest time discrepancy I had was over a 1/2 hour ahead. Ive taken my pre to the Sprint store and they have no explanation but tells me that Palm is working to fix this issue with 1.3.5.1 (That didn't work as I see others have the same problem)

I have had to go into airplane mode twice a day to fix the time.

Today I have disabled the Network time to see if this works.
    I just wanted to follow up on how my problem was fixed and also wanted to say thanks to Saundra23

Fortunately my brother had a pre laying around so I took the battery from there and now the time is correct. Not sure how the battery has an impact on all this but it seems to be the problem.