Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I was trying to make a backup of my Pixi using the folder sync program I've had for a while now, called Allway Sync. It seems that I might have to Doctor my phone to fix a problem on my phone so I was trying to save as much stuff as I could before I did it. I got confused when Allway Sync read more folders than I can see under the USB drive in windows explorer.
    Windows shows only these:
    .attachments
    DCIM
    downloads
    Messaging
    quickcontacts
    ringtones
    wallpapers

Allway Sync shows all the above plus these:
    .hidden
    .palm
    iPod_Control
    .wallpapers

Most Folders contain sub-folders also.
    All my contacts and calendar and email is based off of Google Apps so I am not worried about all that stuff.
    From what I can see, the folder .attachments contains pictures that were in MMS so I would like to save those if possible and hopefully sync them back after the Doctoring.
    If all this is just 'wishful thinking' than just let me know but help me pick which folders to actually sync (backup). Can I use this as a 2 way sync? or just a backup? Any insight will be much appreciated.
    Love our Palms
    Treo600->Treo650->Centro->Pixi
    Treo600->Treo700->Treo800->Pixi
    1.3.5 wont touch your usb drive. It will still be intact. Winscp is a good way to back up files I always just drag and drop the folders I want to save.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    1.3.5 wont touch your usb drive. It will still be intact.
    So I won't loose my pictures if I Doctor the phone? I thought it erased everything.
    Love our Palms
    Treo600->Treo650->Centro->Pixi
    Treo600->Treo700->Treo800->Pixi
    earlier versions did but with 1.3.1 it leaves your usb intact.