Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hello everyone!

So, here's my problem:

I just got the Pre about less than a month ago, so I'm still learning some things about it. As everyone knows, when you're on a call and you get a text message, you can hear the text tone while on call. My Palm Centro did that as well, but it was SUPER quiet in the background, did not disrupt the call, and no one but me heard it. With my Pre, I have to keep my ringtones turned up louder because of my hearing issues (sinuses have messed up how well I can hear quiet things). I've noticed that the Pre keeps that same thing that the Centro did, but when I get a text while on call, the tone is SUPER loud, and sometimes the person I'm talking to can hear it as well (my father almost had a heart attack last night when it happened when I was on the phone with him).

My question is this:

Is there a way I can turn off the text tone that plays when I'm on call? I mind having to switch my phone to silence before I MAKE a call, but I don't want to have to try to do that when ANSWERING a call. I would just prefer to have it all off. Is there a way to do that?

I read somewhere there way, with the help of from program called PreWare, or something like that, but when I went to that site I found out it doesn't work well with the new WebOS 1.3.5....So, any help? =D

btw: I have no problems with needing to install patches or programs to do so.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm going to take this as there is no fix for it. :/ Bummer.
    there is a patch for this on preware~
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sorry it's been awhile since I checked it.

I've tried to get preware and the Homebrew thing on my phone, but it wouldn't install correctly on either the phone or my computer, so I just gave up. :/