1.    #1  
    If I reset my Pre and then hold the volume button to get USB mode, does this allow me to use WebOSquickinstall, so I can modify the network database before I have to sign into my profile?????

The reason is, I have an 02 payg sim that only works when I modify the database, but I want to upgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.3.1, but I won't be able to sign in until I have modified the O2 settings to get data to work. (previously I borrowed a friends O2 sim)

If I can modify the file before I need to sign into the profile I wouldn't have to use Meta-doctor.

I hope someone can help.

Cheers
  2.    #2  
    Hm so I can answer this question myself, as I have just tried a few things out.

In short no I cant use WebOSQuickinstall in USB mode, only WebOSdoctor recognises the Pre.

So I have to either borrow an O2 sim, modify the network database in a 1.3.1 jar file before I install it (no idea how?) or try to use meta-doctor and avoid the activation altogether.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Or use manual settings to activate.
    Manual settings....have I missed something?????
  4.    #4  
    Well, you can install the WR 131 and at the activation screens press Enter settings or something to that extent, and then enter the APN, user and pass for your network. Or you can metadoctor your way in. Or I completely misunderstand you. That's possible too of course.
    Hey tomi666,

well thats my problem I'm on a vodafone NL sim and the manual settings of the APN are not working with 1.3.1, that's why I was sticking with 1.1.3.

But just now the damn thing automatically upgraded itself (i.ve been pressing cancel for days) and would you believe it,it automatically signed me into my profile etc...

I then modified the "options-GSM" file as per "other" thread and bingo, a fully working vodafone 3g sim....I've been told the same trick will work with 1.3.5 WR too!

Happy Days!

Thanks for your help anyways.
  5.    #5  
    LOL have you read your first post in this thread? Sounds like nothing you started out with...

Oops I see what you mean!!!!!

I didn't want to go waffling on with too much info in my first post, simply I was trying to use an O2 sim to activate but my final goal was to use my Dutch Vodafone sim, which has the APN bug in 1.3.1.

Anyways, it works.......I'll shut up now

Ciao