Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i seen that you some of the themes have different launcher bar buttons. ive been trying to change them since i got the phone is there away to do it without downloading a theme which i am having a hard time doing aswell
    You can just drag and drop the buttons you want to the launcher bar. You can only have five at a time so you would have to remove one first.
    Quote Originally Posted by sknnie View Post
    i seen that you some of the themes have different launcher bar buttons. ive been trying to change them since i got the phone is there away to do it without downloading a theme which i am having a hard time doing aswell
    Do you mean different as in changing the default ones on the bar, for others on the launcher pages?

or

Different, meaning ones you design yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Do you mean different as in changing the default ones on the bar, for others on the launcher pages?

or

I believe he means changing the actual icon files to icons he has designed himself or downloaded from other sources. I'm kinda wondering how to do this myself.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post

or

both
    To put an icon on the bar, you have to make sure you have space. if there are already 5 on it, you have to tap/hold one that is there and drag it back to the page, then you can tap/hold then drag one from the page down to the bar.

to create new ones, you need to know the linux file locations of the icons, then obtain their correct file sizeof 64x64 pixels, (the format is .png), then you need either command line access or you can send files using WebOsQi to send them, if you know the locations

for example: If you want to make a new icon for the launcher for say the calculator.. the location of that file would be:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calculator/icon.png
    Last edited by dianehelen; 01/02/2010 at 04:33 PM.
    there is a place within web-os internals page that has all the file locations. While it may not be easy to interpret and understand, at least it guides. Cant remember the link at this time.