Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have searched high and low in these forums for possible troubleshooting for this issue. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

When I try and download a third party app from the catalog, it dowloads on the progress bar and then when it is completed donwloading it switches to installing. Then I receive a notification that the app is installed, but in the app catalog the progress bar shows no movement and still just says "installing..."

When i open the launcher to open the app, the ico has a blue circle in it and if I open it, it goes straight to the app screen that shows all my downloaded apps (however, it does not show the one I am trying to download).

I tried Emergency Migration Helper from preware, installed it, restarted, waited a half hour (as noted) and it did not fix it.

I'm thinking about doctoring my phone and starting over...

I would like to point out though, even with these issues, I still am quite obsessed with the Pre and would not even think of switching to the Hero, or any other phone out there. I have faith that Palm with make Webos the best out there.

[Moderator Note]
    If you are having this problem, detailed instructions have been added here:
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/31/2009 at 09:32 PM.
    I have the same problem, only with the wabbit hunt and pixel uploader. I rarely use any of them so I just deleted them. I'd like to know what the reason is also.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I have this problem with a couple apps as well. Aggravating. Had the same problem on 1.3.1 with slightly different symptoms. The blue circle icon is new to 1.3.5.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    also, I tried doctoring, but I suspect either the webdoctoring does not do a full erase or there is something wrong with my palm profile that is re-importing the bug back into my phone.

Next I guess I'll try researching how to actually erase the pre before I doctor it and then maybe (?) I can create a new palm profile?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I actually got the apps working again, I had to do a partial erase on the pre. That did the trick, though it erased all my homebrew apps and preware. Although I greatly miss preware with all its' patches, I may just stick with what I have now. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I am hoping that on 1/7/10 Palm announces 2.0 and adds a great deal of the patches we love so much (yeah, that is pretty wishful thinking...). In any case, try the partial erase, it worked for me.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I also had success. First, I deleted all my apps through the launcher drop down menu.

Then, I backed up and erased everything on the USB drive partition.

Then, I did a webdoctor.

This fixed the app store problem of downloading and not fully installing.

Now to reinstall preware...
    [Moderator Note]
    If you are having this problem, detailed instructions have been added here:
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues