1.    #1  
    Heres whats going on. I recently upgraded to the new webOS, and since then have not shut down my phone via the power button (i have only done luna restarts through QI and Preware, and those restarts work just fine). When I press the power button I get the Airplane Mode, Power, etc option. I choose power. Regardless of whether I choose restart or Shut Down, it does nothing. I tap the icons and they highlight like they know i tapped them, but nothing happens. When i tap Cancel, that button works and brings me back to the main screen.
    I decided maybe I should run the repair, out of compability mode, but it says the phone isnt compatible with this verion of the doctor, so im downloading a new doctor now, although i just downloaded it yesterday so i cant see how its an old version?

Do you guys think its right for me to start with the repair? should that work? anyone have this problem before?
  2.    #2  
    soooo i guess the webOS repair isnt compabitable with the new version of webOS... now what? really dont want to have to doctor it.
    just try doing a battery pull first to shut off then try the power button again . You can also just for giggles and grins open device info app and then top menu and preferences and do the interactive and quick tests just to check up on phone. Repair utility should be updated within a few days I'm sure. Jason is pretty good about that or web internals whoever is updating it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    i pulled the battery. now it wont turn back on. it has the palm icon on the front, but its not pulsing.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    This very same thing is happening to me. I thought I bricked my phone and after multiple battery pulls I got it working again. Now I'm trying to install Preware and it will not restart just as Alicia described.
    Any suggestions??
  6.    #6  
    well i ended up doctoring it, not it shuts down just fine, or course i have to re-custamize the phone now... grrr... but yah i guess the doctor is the best way to go now. :/
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    FWIW, I ran throught the EPR in WebOS Quick Install...(Remove all patches. Click Tools → Tweaks → Run EPR → Luna Restart) and still cannot turn off power or restart.
    I have the same problem. Menu comoes up, but selecting shutdown or restart has no effect. I have to pop the battery, attempt a startup, pop the battery again, and then it will start back up. Fortunately I don't shut down my phone very often, but this could be a real problem if it's not fixed. Installing patches is a real pain. It just seems like the Palm folks couldn't care less about users since the OS patches always screw things up if you have ANY homebrew or patches installed.

Getting instant notifications on this thread in case anyone has a solution.
  9.    #9  
    you have to run the doctor! i tried every other possibility first... but really the doctor isnt so bad, just make sure your backed up first.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Ahhhh you were right. Doctor fixed the power/restart issue. Now back to customizing the phone again.

BTW, advice to anyone getting ready to Doctor the phone.... make sure you run the backup utility and then save all your pics,videos,and such (use USB mode) to your PC before you run the app.
  11.    #11  
    woo hoo! glad both our phones are working again. wonder what caused that..
    Quote Originally Posted by squrlgurl View Post
    Now back to customizing the phone again.
    When are people going to realize that customizing the phone is what is causing the problems. If you install the exact same patches you will end up with the exact same problems.

Beware of poorly written patches they are everywhere.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  13.    #13  
    well i think everyone who installs a patch or homebrew app knows there are risks associated with it. but u also dont know which app/patch caused the problem. this problem was actually on my boyfriends phone, and we have the exact same patches, apps, themes, etc etc. my phone is fine and is having no functionality issues while his developed this power button issue. i put everything back the same as it is on my phone, and his is now working fine. guess we'll see what happens over the course of a few days
    I am in the same predicament with palm logo and rebooting. I have Classic installed with a couple critical apps (eWallet with my passwords). Does Palm Profile backup Classic installed apps data? Is there a way to get into USB mode and D/L the data manually prior to Doctor? Doctor erases all USB data, is that correct? Thanks!
    Is there an official thread for 1.3.5 bricked Pre's to get them back to life?
  16.    #16  
    im not aware of one, but if you are please post it here so we all know, it may be useful in the future
    I'm having my 1.3.5 brick problems with my pre that has no patches, mods or homebrew apps. Strictly official WebOS stuff, and 1.3.5 screwed me pretty good.
    Will do. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    When are people going to realize that customizing the phone is what is causing the problems. If you install the exact same patches you will end up with the exact same problems.

Beware of poorly written patches they are everywhere.
    All patches and themes were removed before I took the update. After I got the phone up and running again I re-installed all of the same patches and it's running fine now.