Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thank you grndslm. that post alone is more help than i have gotten elsewhere(where phone flashing was more prevalent). i'm reading up now and will report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by xlogix View Post
    Thank you grndslm. that post alone is more help than i have gotten elsewhere(where phone flashing was more prevalent). i'm reading up now and will report back.
    You will find most sites that are involved in messing with phone modem settings will tend to hoard information, since they often try and sell illegal custom ROMs that embody that information rather than creating a tool like the Meta-Doctor that allows an end-user to do it themselves.

$200 is the going price for a cricket ROM install in shonky shops in San Francisco apparently, but I'm told they don't even set up a Palm Profile for you (there was a guy in IRC who had been ripped off by these clowns).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    the links you posted i have skimmed over before...the info i gathered from there was negligible at best. i'm working on posting the carrier settings file i have on my phone with the edited cricket settings to see if someone notices something wrong
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You will find most sites that are involved in messing with phone modem settings will tend to hoard information, since they often try and sell illegal custom ROMs that embody that information rather than creating a tool like the Meta-Doctor that allows an end-user to do it themselves.

$200 is the going price for a cricket ROM install in shonky shops in San Francisco apparently, but I'm told they don't even set up a Palm Profile for you (there was a guy in IRC who had been ripped off by these clowns).

-- Rod
    i have a guy offering it for 125...i can't justify paying that price for it because i'll never make it back seeing i'm not interested in reselling it
    Quote Originally Posted by xlogix View Post
    i have a guy offering it for 125...i can't justify paying that price for it because i'll never make it back seeing i'm not interested in reselling it
    I hope you've reporting him to Palm's lawyers, since he is illegally redistributing proprietary Palm binaries for profit.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I can not seem to get my phone to force into USB mode, I have tried the pull battery volume up method and Opt+Sym+U method. Each time the phone resets back to the Palm Profile screen. Does this mean my phone is bricked?
  7.    #47  
    You're gonna have to elaborate....

You're trying to get into recovery mode so that you use the Meta-Doctor to create a Doctor that bypasses the necessary Palm Profile setup??? But it's not going int recovery mode??

Are you sure that you are HOLDING Volume Up at the exact instant where the screen goes black during a two minute restart period?? Hit Opt + Sym + R and in about 13-20 seconds the shutdown process will be over and your thumb will need to be HOLDING the Vol Up key, otherwise the boot will continue as normal.
    I'm sorry perhaps I should have been more specific, but yes you are correct. I am attempting to use Meta-Doctor to by pass the Palm Profile set up. I have recently switched from the Palm Pre to the Pre Plus. I had my service shut off on my Pre but was still able to use the phone thru its WiFi. When I had my Pre Plus activiated I used my same Palm Profile which was great because it transfered all of my old apps and contacts to my new phone. Only problem was I had a lot of photos and also important PDF files which were not transfered. Now that I no longer have a Palm profile saved on the Pre I am unable to access it's hard drive to retreive these things.

I have tried as you suggested to hold the up volume both just as the Pre goes into restart mode and has the little swirling black circle, and also right after the little circle goes away and the screen is completely black. Neither way seems to work, the phone resets and opens back up at the " You need a Palm profile to access critical Palm services screen".

UPDATE: Someone answered my question in another thread. I needed to connect my phone to an outlet charger and power it on while holding the up volume and the power button. The phone went straight into usb mode so I can now use meta-doctor, at least I hope.
    Last edited by completethought; 02/01/2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: update
    Help! I'm trying to install Meta-Doctor, everything was going fine until I got to step number 7. More specific, when I enter the line: "make unpack patch pack" I get this: "Makefile:250: *** missing `endif'. Stop." I have no idea what that means or even what to do to fix it.
  10.    #50  
    Glad to hear you got into recovery mode, alright...

Quote Originally Posted by completethought View Post
    Help! I'm trying to install Meta-Doctor, everything was going fine until I got to step number 7. More specific, when I enter the line: "make unpack patch pack" I get this: "Makefile:250: *** missing `endif'. Stop." I have no idea what that means or even what to do to fix it.
    With this, I'd simply do a "git pull" to get back to the exact version that the developer is. In the ~/meta-doctor/ directory...

rm Makefile
    git pull

That should work as soon as you edit the new Makefile to look a bit more like mine.
    Quick Question about the MSL.

If I read the lower grey section of the tutorial correct. I can update my phone's settings OTA without needing to reprogram the phone and needing an MSL?
  12.    #52  
    That would be correct. If you've already activated a Sprint Pre on Sprint before, then all you have to do is the "Update Network Settings" button in the Phone Prefs. Then you'll be good to go without knowing the MSL.

But you do need the MSL for the "additional GPS modes" trick, so I'd still grab it just in case.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    The MSL is also useful for updating your home agent to get a little speed boost. Definitely worth getting, especially since it only takes a 3 minute phone call.
    My computer slow down around when i get ubuntu up and running and even freezes not allowing me to finish the process. what do you you think could be the problem?
    Cant get pass step 7 in bypassing activation i keep getting "Makefile:12: *** missing separator. Stop. What should i do???
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblu904 View Post
    Cant get pass step 7 in bypassing activation i keep getting "Makefile:12: *** missing separator. Stop. What should i do???
    That means you have introduced a syntax error into the Makefile on line 12.

-- Rod
    thanks but im beingging to ask how does it pose to look cuz its still not working because i got everything on step 7 down....???????
    make: *** No rule to make target `unpack'. Stop. <<<Thats the message i keep getting when im trying to put in Makefile on step 7
    make: *** No rule to make target `unpack'. Stop. <<<Thats the message i keep getting when im trying to put in Makefile on step 7 CAn someone please help???
  20.    #60  
    How about copying the [relevant] contents of your Makefile and pasting them at pastebin - collaborative debugging tool or the like. The problem has to be in there.

You can use gedit instead of nano to copy all the Makefile at once, BTW.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast