Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    I created a Meta Doctor as per the instructions and used the BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP setting for my Pre3 (AT&T) running 2.2.3. The MetaDoctor loaded fine, but unlike in the documentation, no First Use application has been made visible in the launcher.
    Which official WebOS Internals documentation are you referring to?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Which official WebOS Internals documentation are you referring to?

-- Rod
    Inside the Makefile itself in the documentation section for Bypass First Use.

In a roundabout way I've solved the problem (logged in via Impostah, then deleted the Profile, restarted into First Use, and it finally worked), but perhaps the documentation in that spot is no longer accurate.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Inside the Makefile itself in the documentation section for Bypass First Use.

In a roundabout way I've solved the problem (logged in via Impostah, then deleted the Profile, restarted into First Use, and it finally worked), but perhaps the documentation in that spot is no longer accurate.
    Thanks, updated.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    bigbyte,

I am sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Please understand that you proceed with the following entirely at your own risk! I do not take responsibility in ANY way for bricked phones arising from the use of the instructions below.

Please refer to this page for information because this was the guide I used to prepare my meta-doctor for my Veer. I substituted the relevant portions for the Veer.

In the instructions below, I assumed 'downloads' was created in the meta-doctor folder.

Fire up terminal and copy -and-paste the commands below.

Change to the downloads directory:

cd meta-doctor/downloads

Enter the following command to get the EU Veer doctor:

wget http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/veer/...rp160unawr.jar

After the download enter the following to change the name of the downloaded file:

mv webosdoctorp160unawr.jar webosdoctorp160una-wr-2.1.1.jar

Change back to the meta-doctor directory:

cd ..

Unpack the downloaded file:

make DEVICE=veer CARRIER=wr clobber unpack

Copy the XML file out to to the meta-doctor directory for editing (!take care to include the period at the end of the command below!):

cp build/veer-p160una-wr-2.1.1/webOS/broadway.xml .

Open the meta-doctor directory and you'll find the broadway.xml in there. Open the file with a text editor (right-click on the file to choose the application).

Scroll down the and look for the section "<!-- Here is palm territory. There be dragons. -->" not far from the top of the page. Under this section, look for:

<Section name="tokens" type="token" size="4KB">
    <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/>
    </Section>

The section name MUST say "tokens", NOT "env". If you get this incorrectly the meta'd doctor will NOT change your AT&T Veer to an EU Veer!

Copy-and-paste the following between "<Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/> and "</Section>":

<Val name="DMCARRIER" value="ROW" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" value="P160UEU" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="MfgCode" value="" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" value="P160UEU" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="ProductSKU" value="FB348AA#ABD" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="SimLockDef" value="UNLOCKED" action="overwrite"/>

The correct edit should look like this:

<Section name="tokens" type="token" size="4KB">
    <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/>
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" value="ROW" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" value="P160UEU" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="MfgCode" value="" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" value="P160UEU" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="ProductSKU" value="FB348AA#ABD" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="SimLockDef" value="UNLOCKED" action="overwrite"/>
    </Section>

Save the file.

Go back to Terminal and enter the following command:

make DEVICE=veer CARRIER=wr CUSTOM_XML=broadway.xml REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 clobber all

That's it! Use the newly generated EU doctor to convert your AT&T Veer to an EU Veer. The unlock, in my case, was preserved.

After the conversion process, I doctored my Veer again with a virgin EU doctor to make sure the thing was 'clean'.

Personally, I didn't bother with Java in the Linux environment. I just dragged-dropped the new doctor onto my Mac's desktop and restored the Veer from there.

If you ever want/need to restore your Veer to the AT&T version, get the AT&T doctor from:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/veer/...p160unaatt.jar

Substitute "ATT" for "DMCARRIER" value, "P160UNA" for "DMMODEL" and "PRODoID" values, and "FB325AA#ABA" for "ProductSKU" value. The rest can remain the same.

For the "make" command, use "make DEVICE=veer CARRIER=att CUSTOM_XML=broadway.xml REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 clobber all"

Please let me know if the above works?

Ta!

mauler...
    Last edited by mauler; 10/19/2011 at 12:17 AM.
    thanks a lot mauler, will try it today and update here....
    Dear Mauler, I followed your instructions and was able to get a mataed EU doctor and it flashed successfully as well. But after the flash tux logo and then the HP logo and it al continue blinking.. I'm stuck there. Any ideas what could be the possible cause of error. I used the impersonation hack you mentioned but still.. .
    What is the way to go back to original firmware BTW. which file I have to flash and how?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbyte View Post
    Dear Mauler, I followed your instructions and was able to get a mataed EU doctor and it flashed successfully as well. But after the flash tux logo and then the HP logo and it al continue blinking.. I'm stuck there. Any ideas what could be the possible cause of error. I used the impersonation hack you mentioned but still.. .
    What is the way to go back to original firmware BTW. which file I have to flash and how?
    bigbyte,

Try flashing your phone with a virgin EU doctor. If that doesn't work, use a virgin AT&T one.

I think you might have entered the tokens in the wrong place. I did that the first time round myself.

I replied your PM. Please have a dekko?

Ta!

mauler...
    Works great!

Thx a lot!!!

Now i've got my veer in italian!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbyte View Post
    I forgot to mention that you should also use a virgin makefile. The best way to ensure a virgin makefile is to delete the meta-doctor folder and reinstall meta-doctor.

Works great!

Thx a lot!!!

Now i've got my veer in italian!
    @Danielito986: When I checked this thread earlier you said you had a problem like bigbyte's. How were you able to resolve the issue?
    Last edited by mauler; 10/22/2011 at 04:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I am wondering if there is any way to activate a Sprint Pre for just wifi use WITH a Palm Profile so can install games on it. I want it for my little girl to be able to use. I have read the meta-doctoring instructions, but really am hoping I don't have to do all that just to get past the activation screen and activate a profile, as it will never be used as a cell phone again.

(I have a Verizon Pre3, and Pre2 for phone use).

Thanks for any help - my 5 year-old is looking forward to having her "own phone" to take pictures and play games on!
    bigbyte,

I replicated your problem with my Veer.

You have to reflash the phone again using a virgin EU doctor. That will fix the problem you have.

mauler...
    Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    Hello ATG,

For "DMMODEL", use "P160UEU". Use this value for "PRODoID", too.

For "DMCARRIER", use "ROW".

For "ProductSKU", use "FB348AA#ABD".

I used a blank value (just "") for "MfgCode". I didn't use the PN value.

For good measure, I used "UNLOCKED" for the "SimLockDef".

Follow carefully Rod's Pre 3 impersonation hack here. Please make sure to use the correct webOS doctor for the Veer (the EU version). Take note that the XML file you want is broadway.xml, not mantaray.xml.

If you follow the instructions above carefully and to-the-letter, substituting Veer-specifics for Pre 3-specifics, you will be able to reflash your Veer as an EU model.

After a successful reflash, I flashed it again with the original webOS (without modified broadway.xml file) that was meta'd to disable the upload daemon.

Hope that helps.
    There's now a meta-script to do this automatically.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

-- Rod
    meta-att-veer-impersonate-wr-2.1.1?

I've just purchased an unlocked Att Veer from ebay - is this the script I need? I'm in the UK, just want to clear the at&t stuff.
    Yes, that script will turn your device into an EU Veer. You will be beta testing the script. No guarantees.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Yes, that script will turn your device into an EU Veer. You will be beta testing the script. No guarantees.

-- Rod
    great, thanks rod, I've made the doctor, I'll report back provided the veer doesn't drop into the pond!
    Hello,
    I am using a Palm Pre in Cyprus. I had to metadoctor the phone in order to work here. Here are the settings of the makefile I used:

# BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    # ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    # ENABLE_BETA_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS = 1
    VAR_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB
    # SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE = 512MB
    # EXT3FS_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus", "pre2", "pre3", "veer" or "touchpad".
    DEVICE = pre

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel", "att" or "wifi".
    CARRIER = wr

Everything works fine apart from the fact that I cannot access the App Catalog, Help, and have updates. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

-- Rod
    Thanks for simplifying things, Rod!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Veer arrived this morning (interestingly with Preware installed and imposter)

Anyhow doctored it using the script, been playing with it all day and everything seems just fine.

Thanks Rod
    Everyone confirm the script is working? I have ordered my Veer today and want turn my device in an EU Veer.
    Well, how i come back to original veer 2.1.2? only need to doctor and no problems?
    Thanks.